DIC controls not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We bought this Yukon about 2 months ago. Since it had some minor problems I have been slowly fixing them as I go. The newest thing on my list is the DIC. I can get it to show me the miles and by pushing the trip button mounted in the cluster. But none of the control buttons on the wheel work. Only one lights up at night. I figured the bulbs were just burnt out. But why would the Buttons not work when pushed?

Yang1815

Reaction score
Maybe the wires are not hooked up behind it. That's why it doesn't light up AND it doesn't work.

Get a small flathead screw driver and you can insert it between the control cluster and the steering wheel. Pry it up. The steering wheel can take the pressure and it'll bounce back. Don't try to pull it out too much once you can access it though as the wire may be tighter than you think.

My guess is they're not even hooked up for some reason. Then you'll just have to find the wire, hook'em up, and push the controls back into the steering wheel. Hope this helps. I had to replace one or two on mine since the light went out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coops924