Diagnosing Cats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I replaced my cats almost two years ago when I did the lower intake gasket/MPFI job. Replaced all 4 O2s at the same time with new Ac Delcos. Well before my previous motor went out at 193K, I got a catalyst insufficiency bank two code. I played it off due to the bad bad misfire I was getting, and put off worrying about it until I got the new motor in. Well I put about 150 miles on the new motor this past week, and sure enough the light came back on. I looked at real time data and the fronts are swapping as they should, and the backs are steady. The bank 2 may be just a little more sluggish than the front, but all seem to be ok. I really don't have the funds to get them tuned out, I really don't want to have a to replace the cats again, and being from Alabama I don't have to get emissions checked or anything. I have read good and bad on the cat cleaners is it worth a shot? Should I swap the O2s around and see if the code follows? Should I just not worry about it? Only reason I am concerned is I hate having the light on and it seems as if my gas mileage was a good bit worse, but then again this is the first tank on the new motor and I did mostly stop and go, medium to medium heavy acceleration pulls as I drove it around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mccubbinsjl