Diagnose long compressor cycle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coach Larry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
‘05 XL Denali - new Arnott pump is running for several minutes before turning off. I would think this means that the shcock(s) bladders seal up okay, but that there would be a leak in a connector or hose. The left bladder looks a little ragged, but can’t detect a leak. So, how difficult is it to diagnose leaks other than at the bladder?

Part 2: i don’t do a lot of heavy towing and am seeking a very luxurious highway ride. The auto ride is nice in that way, but if i do decide to can the stock system, what would be the all-out best no headache solution?
Have considered Arnott full conversion and shock-only conversion. Also reading the Bilstein 4600 is a smooth ride but not sure how these fit.

Thanks in advance.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the new pump have the same psi? Aside from leaking bladders the hoses and more importantly the connections can leak.
As for ditching auto ride I’d do my best to keep it if you like the ride. Taking it to a suspension shop is cheaper than replacing. If you do switch pm Norcalss on here Tony knows every setup imaginable.

OP
OP
C

Coach Larry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I’ll soap it up and see what I get. I’ll see what Norcalss says too. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345