dexos oil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nevinsj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well after having a 1993 GMC Suburban for 17 years and 275,000 miles, I decided to get a new one 2011 Yukon XL. I'm trying to change the oil and the owners manual makes it clear to use only dexos trade mark 5w30. The problem is I can't find it, in fact when I called the dealer, they weren't even aware of this new change to the dexos trade mark. None of the local auto parts stores have it and I called the GMC 1-800 customer service, which turned out to be a total waste of time. Anyone know where to purchase this new super duper oil?

METALLICA01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I work for a gm dealership and we just recieved some info sheets on this oil about a week ago. Have not seen this oil in our stock yet!

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our parts dept. manager started getting bulletins from GM about it a couple months ago. It's supposed to be available sometime in October.
It's fine to use current oils. Dexos certified oil will most likely be more expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittyboop0510