Detail Equipment Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've never really used an orbital buffer, or power buffer of any kind. I've always just used good old elbow grease and microfiber cloths.

I'm thinking of getting this -- Poorboy's Porter Cable 7424XP Package

I have a few questions regarding the buffer itself though.

How often will I need to replace the foam pads?
What pads are best for what?
What are typical parts that need frequest replacement on the buffer?

I know my first time using the buffer will be a fun experience until I figure out the right pressure to use; but any tips, tricks, advice, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Chris@glimmerglass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I've never really used an orbital buffer, or power buffer of any kind. I've always just used good old elbow grease and microfiber cloths.

I'm thinking of getting this -- Poorboy's Porter Cable 7424XP Package

I have a few questions regarding the buffer itself though.

How often will I need to replace the foam pads?
What pads are best for what?
What are typical parts that need frequest replacement on the buffer?

I know my first time using the buffer will be a fun experience until I figure out the right pressure to use; but any tips, tricks, advice, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thats probably the most popular pc package that we offer! The pads will actually last you quite a while. It'll obviously depend on how often you use them and some other factors, but if you if clean them right after use and treat them well, expect a full season out of them when using them to maintain up to 3 vehicles. You'll most likely be using the orange pad w/ the ssr2.5 and the ssr1 w/ the whie pad. This is the most common combo. You'd use the 2.5/org on speed 5+ and ssr1/wht on speed 4.
And as for replacement parts on the machine itself, its pretty unlikely that you'll need any at all. I still have my last pc from about 4 years ago and nothing is even close to failure or replacement. Its a very solid machine :Handshake:
lemme know if you have some more questions on any of hte products or procedures!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019