Depo projectors for 2003 Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally tried buying some projectors for my switch to HID, and went with Depos. Bought ones off amazon, thinking that if they fit a Tahoe, they'd fit a Yukon. I was wrong... I failed to notice that Tahoes apparently are straight across at the top, and Yukon headlights have a bit of a "flare" at the top, being taller outboard than they are inboard. So it looks like I gotta return these and try to get some more. But I can't seem to find any clear Depos that say they fit the Yukon. Anyone gotten a pair, or know where to find them? Thanks.

ashelm

Reaction score
projector head lights

Try LMC I don't have my catalog handy but I know they have a good selection of head lights to choose from. (and free catalog's) Scott

06GMC5.3L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do a retrofit using stuff from theretrofitsource.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

OP
OP
seven9st surfer

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

wow, either that just got put up, or I'm blind. Thanks a bunch. I might grab that one, and if I don't like the projector quality, I could always do a retrofit. But I love the clear housing. One thing though, does the pic with the light on look weird to anyone? It's like it's being lit up around the edges, but blocked out on the inside. Is this how it should look, or it just not a true projector lens? Thanks again!

Last edited:

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They've been there for awhile lol. Actually another member showed them to me. The pic does look strange and I'm not sure about the quality of the projector. I can tell you it's not designed for and Hid bulb. I would assume these (eagle eyes) and the depo brand are comparable in quality. I've heard the depo are comparable to oem. You should look into their return policy if the projectors end up being junk. Just return them :shrug: retrofit would obviously be the best choice :cool:

OP
OP
seven9st surfer

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I went ahead and ordered them. They're Eagle Eye brand, which at least I've heard of before and not some no-name ebay brand. I noticed today a guy in my squadron had some similar-looking headlights this morning, and his lit up the same way. I guess I just never noticed it. Anyways, I might post back when I get em installed to let yall know how it turned out. Thanks again

OP
OP
seven9st surfer

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, just got em installed. So far so good, with a hiccup. The actual install was pretty painless. Fitment is actually right on. The reason it looks bad on the drivers' side is that my quarter panel doesn't fit quite right, not the light's fault. On the positive side, while I heard the Depos are a pain to adjust because you have to take them out to do any adjustment, these have the adjustment screw accessible through the little hole behind the assembly while they're installed.

On the negative (kinda), just be aware that BOTH of the bulb housings are 9005, unlike stock, which is 9005 for highs and 9006 for lows. This kinda sucks because my Silverstar lows don't fit. Normally wouldn't be a problem, because my HID kit gets here tomorrow... except I ordered the kit when I thought I was getting Depos and got the 9006 kit. Sooooo, I either have to go through the apparent nightmare of DDM customer service to exchange them, or try to sell them on my own and just buy a new kit. Again, not the headlights' fault, the ebay page clearly says 9005 for both highs and lows, but it is a little non-standard. And now, on to the pics

Stock
picture.jpg

Projector
picture.jpg

Stock
picture.jpg

Stock
picture.jpg

Above cutoff
picture.jpg

Below cutoff
picture.jpg

Adjustment screw
picture.jpg

Looks pretty good, I think
picture.jpg

Gonna wait until tonight to get a feel for the cutoffs, I'll post back in the next day or so. And again, these are still halogens in the projectors, I'm gonna get HID in there as soon as I can.

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These look waaay better than the oem yukon ones! Glad you happy with them :thumbup: :thumbup: I love the clear markers on them too. Might be easier to just order 9005 bulbs from DDM than go through the exchange process of the entire kit (definitely should be faster)

OP
OP
seven9st surfer

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking about just getting new bulbs, but wouldn't I have to modify the kit or get an adapter or something? Because I now know that 9005 and 9006 bulbs and bases are not interchangeable. In the meantime tho, and not sure why I didn't think of this before, I'll just throw my 9005 Silverstars (highs from old setup) in the lows and use the highs that came with the kit. Hardly ever use my highs anyways.

EDIT: Here's what I got after putting my silverstars in the lows and doing a bit of adjustment (still gotta fin-tune it). There's a good little bright spot in the middle of each beam, but it doesn't really bother me too much. Curious to see what HIDs will look like in them.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz