Denali v Tahoe/Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Monkeyman

Reaction score
Eric70---Not yet. I'm just starting to seriously look. I guess I'll see where the great deal is. If it's a Denali, I'll go for it. If it's a Tahoe, that's where I'll go.

Izcain---Good idea about watching the current owner drive the truck but wouldn't it only work if it was the original owner?

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the difference in AWD and 4WD
AWD has a differential between the front and rear drive shafts wich allows them to spin at different speeds and still maintain torque therefore it can be used on pavement

4WD is a xfer case that locks the front and rear diffs so they only spin at the same speed wich provides maximum torque and traction to all wheels and driving in 4WD on dry pavement making sharp turns can cause binding so its only intended for off raod use

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its better to have the power on demand and not need it vs needing it and not having it. I love my awd and my average mpg is 14.4, and thats because i have a heavy foot :) Most of my driving is city with a little highway. Ive towed over 6000 lbs in my denali and it was cake, even passed the slow pokes. I live in the midwest and i wouldnt be caught dead without my denali in this snow/ice wintery mix we had this year. It comes in handy towing boats, cars, tailers, etc and unless you a lead foot like me, expect pretty decent fuel mileage for a 6.0 rougly 17.5mpg - 18mpg (highway) is ideal.....alteast for me any way

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum as well as new to being a gmc owner. I previously drove a 2001 dodge durango SLT plus with most of the same features as a Denali. Heated leather seats, upgraded stereo package and nicer speaker system. I loved my durango. I trucked just about everywhere in that thing. When I finally decided to shop for a newer car, I had my mind set on a limited model Toyota sequoia. Always liked the Denali but didn't think I could afford one. After not finding a sequoia, I found several GMs. After driving several, I decided on the 2006 Denali xl I found. It's much more comfortable. I love the 6.0 V8 versus the 5.3. I pay more @ the pump but I appreciate the bigger V8 driving up to my ski resort town where I live and in towing. I like the air ride suspension setup. Way more comfy over the bumps and the rear leveling is nice when towing. And the Denali interior is more comfy than the suburban. I like the sound system. Was a bit sketchy of the AWD as I've never had it, always 4x4. But the weekend I bought my car I had about a foot of snow to drive through to get to work and the AWD handled really well. All the Denali SUVs I looked @ were much better taken care of versus the suburbans, even the Z71 suburban I found. The deals on the well kept denalis are out there. You just have to look. I found a one owner 2006 Denali xl with only 75k miles and it was bought brand new from the same gmc I bought it from and serviced by them. Every option offered that year except the 20" wheels. I have stock 17s which I'm fine with. Paid well under what it blue booked for. All in all, I'm very happy on my decision to buy a Denali versus a suburban.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper