Denali rusting hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

easterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Denali's hood has an area of rust under the hood between the hood panel and a support, which has now come though the top side of the hood. Googled it and not too common apparently. Has anyone had this issue and repaired without replacing the hood? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
E

easterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
easy fix.

HD HOOD SWAP!

Haha, knew that was coming. I am hoping to not spend a lot on this fix (although not likely) bc I need a front diff and likely brake lines soon.

Last edited:

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem and had it fixed. Rust came back 3 years later. Replace the hood. Just got done putting a new hood on and getting it painted. I think an aftermarket hood is $300

OP
OP
E

easterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem and had it fixed. Rust came back 3 years later. Replace the hood. Just got done putting a new hood on and getting it painted. I think an aftermarket hood is $300

Thanks. I was hoping for another soluition, but I realize once the rust starts it's hard to stop.

igell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gmc used crappy paint for that generation.. they all rust eventually

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907