Denali questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife has a 16 Denali and couple things are annoying.

I finally figured out the automatic high beams but the function doesn't seem right. So if I understand correctly, you turn the brights on twice within 5 seconds and leave the lights on low beam. This seemed to work correctly except I couldn't use the fog lights or it would turn off the automatic lights. Does this sound right? In my Ram I am able to but I know they're different brands thus completely different interfaces.

Second ***** is the rear view camera. I can't see shit with it. Very blurry. Anyone else have this warrantied or is this just the way it is on these? Anyone change out to an aftermarket camera? How bad is it to do on this generation?

View attachment 236211

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the fog lights do not come on with the high beams (unless you rig them up to with a harness) so with the fog lights being on it may disable that function, something may be noted in the owners manual if this is the case. my 18 Silverado doesn't have that feature so I can't test to see if I get the same result but my rear view mirror seems to be perfectly clear

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the fog lights do not come on with the high beams (unless you rig them up to with a harness) so with the fog lights being on it may disable that function, something may be noted in the owners manual if this is the case. my 18 Silverado doesn't have that feature so I can't test to see if I get the same result but my rear view mirror seems to be perfectly clear
I may not have phrased that correctly. If I have the fog lights on with the low beams it completely turns off the automatic high beams. I get that they will not stay on with the high beams.

View attachment 236211

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may not have phrased that correctly. If I have the fog lights on with the low beams it completely turns off the automatic high beams. I get that they will not stay on with the high beams.

View attachment 236211
You said it correctly, I just have a feeling that having the fogs on may disable the automatic feature for some reason, I would read over the owners manual and see if it notes that or not

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You said it correctly, I just have a feeling that having the fogs on may disable the automatic feature for some reason, I would read over the owners manual and see if it notes that or not
Eh I got no time for the manual, lol. My Ram kills it on this, fog lights automatically turn on with the lights and, if you hold the selector back, you can have all the lights on.

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Camera display being all grainy and shit.

20191208_170748.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no personal experience, but I recall reading a few posts here of how crappy the K2xx rearview cameras are compared to the previous generation's and even aftermarket cameras. It's probably a 'thing' and there's nothing wrong with your particular one. As far as a fix? I wouldn't know other than seeing if it's as easy as finding power and signal and splicing on an aftermarket camera. Or maybe there's a known plug-and-play solution for it by now.

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s not much worse than what we have on our 2013. When I get time, I’m going to tear open the rear gate and check the connections as well as those behind the head unit.
It's horrible, the Acadia had a much clearer picture and so does my Ram.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan