Denali questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here is the section on how it works, it doesn't say anything about the fog lights, so my theory is maybe the fog lights are making to much light and the high beams are then not activating because it doesn't sense that the high beams are needed, you could try aiming the fog lights lower and see if it makes any difference??

BEAM.jpg

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no personal experience, but I recall reading a few posts here of how crappy the K2xx rearview cameras are compared to the previous generation's and even aftermarket cameras. It's probably a 'thing' and there's nothing wrong with your particular one. As far as a fix? I wouldn't know other than seeing if it's as easy as finding power and signal and splicing on an aftermarket camera. Or maybe there's a known plug-and-play solution for it by now.
I know the previous gen you needed to remove the applique and it was prone to breaking. Guessing these are the same.
My 2007 went to crap like that and ended up needing a new camera. Not sure how well GM protects them against salt and moisture.

here is the section on how it works, it doesn't say anything about the fog lights, so my theory is maybe the fog lights are making to much light and the high beams are then not activating because it doesn't sense that the high beams are needed, you could try aiming the fog lights lower and see if it makes any difference??

View attachment 236217

I will make the dealer look at it first

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the camera view on my 19 at night. During the day, it is great.
It's honestly not even that great during the day. I guess at least I am not the only one but who wants to figure out how bad it is to change one out?

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a dirty camera lens.
That is what I thought but I cleaned it off right before the picture. It could be that something is on the lens or the camera/cable is defective. That is why I am trying to see if this is normal. We had an 18 Acadia and a 15 Silverado and I do not remember it being this bad.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is what I thought but I cleaned it off right before the picture. It could be that something is on the lens or the camera/cable is defective. That is why I am trying to see if this is normal. We had an 18 Acadia and a 15 Silverado and I do not remember it being this bad.
My 2014 Sierra is much more clear than our 2017 Suburban. I was going to have the dealer take a look during the next service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2014 Sierra is much more clear than our 2017 Suburban. I was going to have the dealer take a look during the next service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My buddy has 19 Silverado and bitches about the camera but haven't been in his to compare.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the lens in clean then I'd suggest it's defective. it should have a much better image than what you are getting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne