Denali Passenger Side Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pointer 21

Reaction score
I've poked around doing research; however, I'm unclear as to exactly what I need to repair a 2012 passenger side mirror:

While backing up the mirror was damaged bending the entire housing to the the outside (opposite to folding inward as designed). The glass itself is not broken but the mounts on the backside of the glass for fitment and tilting need replacing.

The housing is ok and folds inward properly....so from what I gather I THINK I really only need an actuator motor and glass (at the most)?

The mirror has side blide zone alert, tilting, etc (All standard for a 2012 except the an upgraded blind side addition that wasn't standard back in 2012).

Any suggestions on what is needed here? I've read up on gruven and the need to do extra work to customize the motor components. I've also looked into entire OEM assemblies..............$$$$ and likely not necessary (I hope)...

OP
OP
P

Pointer 21

Reaction score
I appreciate it. Don't believe I found what I need. Does it sound like an actuator and new glass will suffice?

If so, I can identify the part numbers and order OEM online....I THINK

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate it. Don't believe I found what I need. Does it sound like an actuator and new glass will suffice?

If so, I can identify the part numbers and order OEM online....I THINK
I myself have not seen break down of mirror that has part numbers for parts you need. May be a pick a part yard might help you. Sometimes the part you need that is broke will have number on it that might find what you need. Good luck,

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truthfully buy I new one. Not that pricey plus if you're going to take the old mirror off if my myth is correct you don't have to take the door panel off.

OP
OP
P

Pointer 21

Reaction score
Truthfully buy I new one. Not that pricey plus if you're going to take the old mirror off if my myth is correct you don't have to take the door panel off.

I think it's going to be along these lines based on my vin: The passenger side mirror is out of stock; however, ALL I really need is the plastic on the back of the mirror to go piece to the actuator. There's got to be a way to piece this together!!

Last edited:

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think it's going to be along these lines based on my vin: The passenger side mirror is out of stock; however, ALL I really need is the plastic on the back of the mirror to go piece to the actuator. There's got to be a way to piece this together!!
Oh at that point https://www.1aauto.com/chevrolet-gm...PUGnln77fOPYkNgYqqZkzotjdz10-jGxoC_R8QAvD_BwE
Are these what your looking for?

OP
OP
P

Pointer 21

Reaction score
Getting closer - It's just the opposite. I need the "guts" :

The housing is barely scuffed
The mirrors still fold in

PROBLEM:

Glass with blind side alert is ONLY potentially damaged on the rear part that connects to the actuator
The actuator has broken plastic (the pieces that make it tilt)

I'd think an actuator motor and new glass would be sufficient which would be ~$250.00
wheras a new entire assembly would be ~$375.00

If I can repair the plastic on the backside of the the glass...that's saving money. Playing jigsaw but boy are they proud of their parts!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've poked around doing research; however, I'm unclear as to exactly what I need to repair a 2012 passenger side mirror:

While backing up the mirror was damaged bending the entire housing to the the outside (opposite to folding inward as designed). The glass itself is not broken but the mounts on the backside of the glass for fitment and tilting need replacing.

The housing is ok and folds inward properly....so from what I gather I THINK I really only need an actuator motor and glass (at the most)?

The mirror has side blide zone alert, tilting, etc (All standard for a 2012 except the an upgraded blind side addition that wasn't standard back in 2012).

Any suggestions on what is needed here? I've read up on gruven and the need to do extra work to customize the motor components. I've also looked into entire OEM assemblies..............$$$$ and likely not necessary (I hope)...

Check GMPartsGiant for the parts, if they are still available. I was able to make a list from there once of all the components in case I needed them. Try to stick with GM OE and not aftermarket as they often vibrate.

OP
OP
P

Pointer 21

Reaction score
Check GMPartsGiant for the parts, if they are still available. I was able to make a list from there once of all the components in case I needed them. Try to stick with GM OE and not aftermarket as they often vibrate.
@swathdiver - There's the man! This is what I came up with thus far:

The passenger side mirror is not in stock (assuming I need it). Based on my vin these parts should suffice. If I swap the actuator and get new glass (pricey but potentially necessary). Wouldn't this be a pretty quick easy install?

I'll reiterate that my glass is not broken but I believe the plastic on the back that connects to the actuator may be damaged...I don't want to pull it off because I have it rigged on there JUST right to where I could address all my other issues prior to this one..that is seemingly pricey as well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent