Denali/Escalade Leather Shifter Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on doing this on a nbs Denali? I have a 2006 and want to change my boring black shifter. Was thinking about an nbs esky shifter but the leather color doesn't match my leather. So maybe an nnbs Denali shifter with the cashmere color. I know the buttons wouldn't work and that's fine. But I like the shape design and the look on the nbs model.

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on doing this on a nbs Denali? I have a 2006 and want to change my boring black shifter. Was thinking about an nbs esky shifter but the leather color doesn't match my leather. So maybe an nnbs Denali shifter with the cashmere color. I know the buttons wouldn't work and that's fine. But I like the shape design and the look on the nbs model.

Only the + and - buttons wont work on your 2006. Tow/Haul will work. With my 2004 all I had to do was swap the plugs. They're similar just the newer one has four pins instead of two.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only the + and - buttons wont work on your 2006. Tow/Haul will work. With my 2004 all I had to do was swap the plugs. They're similar just the newer one has four pins instead of two.
Was it a relatively easy swap? Did you do it yourself or take it to someone and have them do it?

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I changed mine out to a NBS one.....and yes the color is a tad off but you don't notice it. I haven't seen a NNBS done yet on a NBS...be the first!

Was it a relatively easy swap? Did you do it yourself or take it to someone and have them do it?

It is fairly easy...definite DIY.

Here's mine.

full

@Bigbeardenali1992

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw,you pic and I like the look. Also I really like the nnbs style. So maybe If I can get a good deal on one. I found a steering wheel from a Buick Rainer that matches my tan leather. So that's on the way. The woodgrain isn't quite a match so I'll have to try and get the wood redone to match. But hopefully that will be done soon. While I'm waiting maybe I'll look for the shifter haha.

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I did it myself. It would've been a picnic had I not been lazy and used an impact on the threadlocked bolt holding it in. Completely stripped the head with the first pull. Then I had to drill it out. Other than that it was pretty easy.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it myself. It would've been a picnic had I not been lazy and used an impact on the threadlocked bolt holding it in. Completely stripped the head with the first pull. Then I had to drill it out. Other than that it was pretty easy.
I don't have to take apart the whole steering column? Just the shifter?

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have to take apart the whole steering column? Just the shifter?

Well you could possibly peel the rubber boot back but I'm sure that would rip it. You just have to take the two plastic steering column pieces off.

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to go about wiring up the extra + and - buttons to do something else? I thought it would be cool to use them for a light bar switch if possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilflip

Latest posts