Denali/Escalade Leather Shifter Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoonshineXXX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Denali shifter is the exact same as the Escalade shifter.

Mine is leather and has the stitching down the BACK center. As I said in the first post

To me, facing away looks MUCH cleaner.

My '09 Denali XL has the stitching FRONT FACING... Could it be that they didn't change it until later? No big deal to me either way, just letting you guys know...

moore.m

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Nathan, can you help me and elaborate on how u plugged in the wire?

I got everything off and it looks maybe too straight forward.....just unbolt it, wrap the wire around and plug it in?? I know it has to be harder than I'm writing or assuming!

Last edited:

moore.m

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 26406

Ok, this little wire is ridiculous, can anyone advise how to pull this little thing out, do I squeeze and pull, just pull, or use a screwdriver and wedge it?

moore.m

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ignore all these above, (don't know if I can delete them) Nathan ur instructions were perfect!! It just took a little prying and time to get there and the end result is awesome!!
Thanks again!

jarrettbilicek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When using the updown switches for something else, how are they wired?

I mean are they a ground switch?
When "down" is pushed is completes the ground for option/device A, and "up" pushed it completes a ground for option/device B?

So to wire stuff to them, you'd just connect the power wire to the desired object you want to control, then connect the ground wire (of the device) to the "up" or "down" wire of the shifter?

So when the up/down is pressed it completes the circuit and the correlated device works.

Am I understanding how to connect/control options with these buttons?

FatBob

Reaction score
When using the updown switches for something else, how are they wired?

I mean are they a ground switch?
When "down" is pushed is completes the ground for option/device A, and "up" pushed it completes a ground for option/device B?

So to wire stuff to them, you'd just connect the power wire to the desired object you want to control, then connect the ground wire (of the device) to the "up" or "down" wire of the shifter?

So when the up/down is pressed it completes the circuit and the correlated device works.

Am I understanding how to connect/control options with these buttons?

I don't think you will be able to use the +/- button for something else.

There are three resisters inside; 1.87K, 2.1K, and 2.87K
Pink wire is power IN. Purple wire is out.
No button pressed all three resisters are in series.
Press + button and only the 1.87K resister is in the circuit.
Press the - button and the 1.87K and the 2.1K resisters are in series in the circuit.
Purple wire goes to BCM

FatBob

Reaction score
Did anyone have to swap the connector? I am in need of the newer style that has one terminal lock instead of two terminal locks.

Old will have two terminal locks that insert from the back/wire side

New will have one terminal lock that inserts from the side of the connector, blue lock in a white connector.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilflip

Latest posts