Denali/Escalade Leather Shifter Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dahoe

Reaction score
looks nice, wanted to do this mod on my 02 hoe but when it came down to it seller didnt show up =(

veniculum

Reaction score
I want that. I've got a 2012 SLT with the 5.3, and mine came with the 'manumatic'...whatever you want to call it...so I can actually use the buttons for what they were intended for.
How's the install?....particularly for somebody who is...lets just say mechanically challenged.
Thanks

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want that. I've got a 2012 SLT with the 5.3, and mine came with the 'manumatic'...whatever you want to call it...so I can actually use the buttons for what they were intended for.
How's the install?....particularly for somebody who is...lets just say mechanically challenged.
Thanks

Easy. The surround around the shaft just pulls apart, and then there is one torx bolt (T30 I think) holding it in. Just be careful that you don't strip out the torx bolt.

veniculum

Reaction score
Easy. The surround around the shaft just pulls apart, and then there is one torx bolt (T30 I think) holding it in. Just be careful that you don't strip out the torx bolt.

Awesome...thanks for the reply man. What about the wire/s for the manual shift....is that pretty straightforward as well...at least from what you can see?

Thanks again buddy....again...I appreciate it!

Todd

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome...thanks for the reply man. What about the wire/s for the manual shift....is that pretty straightforward as well...at least from what you can see?

Thanks again buddy....again...I appreciate it!

Todd

Since yours already has it, it's a plug-n-play. Exact same 4wire connector. If you didn't have the + and -, it's still plug and play. Those 2 wires just don't do anything. So I cut mine so they just hang instead of going into the plug so I can easily get to them later to make them do whatever I want.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which two wires are for the (+/-)? I installed my esky shifter last week but need to get my tow button to work. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which two wires are for the (+/-)? I installed my esky shifter last week but need to get my tow button to work. Thanks in advance.

I can't remember right now. I'll pull it apart later and look. However, if you look at the new plug and the old plug, you'll see the 2 extra wires. It's those.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll check. My old plug has only 2 white wires and th new plug has 1 pink, 1 baby blue, 1 purple and 1 black with white stripe. Thanks for your help

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Thanks Nathan I just did it. Found the two white wires an connected them. Got my tow back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilflip

Latest posts