Denali Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since now I know I cant play with my DIC, I think I will keep an eye out for another cluster that I can use the trip, and preferably one with a Temp gauge. Anyone want to trade?

If you hit the stick on the gauge cluster, can you toggle between total mileage the trip odometer? It's strange that it's not defaulting to just a regular trip odo. What does happen when you hit the stick on the cluster?

OP
OP
alex s

alex s

Reaction score
If you hit the stick on the gauge cluster, can you toggle between total mileage the trip odometer? It's strange that it's not defaulting to just a regular trip odo. What does happen when you hit the stick on the cluster?

When I push it it goes from odo, to personal miles, then to business miles. Both of those had mileage on them when I first put in the cluster, but I held down the stick to reset them to 0. They have been at 0 ever since.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
When I push it it goes from odo, to personal miles, then to business miles. Both of those had mileage on them when I first put in the cluster, but I held down the stick to reset them to 0. They have been at 0 ever since.
That Esky cluster I put in my Tahoe does the EXACT same thing. I also have no DIC buttons on my steering wheel. I asked the guy about it--who rebuilt it--he didn't know why. Said he never heard of it before--I've heard that a million times about my Tahoe lol, so I didn't know what to make of it. They still don't work to this day.

OP
OP
alex s

alex s

Reaction score
That Esky cluster I put in my Tahoe does the EXACT same thing. I also have no DIC buttons on my steering wheel. I asked the guy about it--who rebuilt it--he didn't know why. Said he never heard of it before--I've heard that a million times about my Tahoe lol, so I didn't know what to make of it. They still don't work to this day.

Damn, well I'm glad I am not alone with it.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, well I'm glad I am not alone with it.
You're not alone with your inability to play with your DIC? :rolleyes:

That said, how about looking for an Escalade steering wheel? Watch FB Marketplace, Craigslist, OfferUp, etc for local part-outs. You will often find what you need (want?) there, for reasonable pricing. We just scored a set of factory, nerf bars for my daughter's truck for $50.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don't know if this would work for you or at all, but it's worth a shot. If you know someone else with an 03-06 Chevy/GMC that has the steering wheel controls, ask them to plug your cluster into their vehicle. One plugged in, go thru the menu settings with the steering wheel controls and toggle the personal or business miles to "on." Once it's set to "on" it might start recording mileage and be able to reset with the stick. Let us know if that works. If you're in Socal, I'd plug it in for you in my Tahoe.

OP
OP
alex s

alex s

Reaction score
I don't know if this would work for you or at all, but it's worth a shot. If you know someone else with an 03-06 Chevy/GMC that has the steering wheel controls, ask them to plug your cluster into their vehicle. One plugged in, go thru the menu settings with the steering wheel controls and toggle the personal or business miles to "on." Once it's set to "on" it might start recording mileage and be able to reset with the stick. Let us know if that works. If you're in Socal, I'd plug it in for you in my Tahoe.

I appreciate the offer, but I am in Florida. Good idea though!