Denali 2022 vs. 2021????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
our 21 AT4 had air ride on it and even though it was still operating when we sold it, it just felt like it was going to be an issue at some point...especially after it was in the shop 17x over the course of 11 months. We sold it with 40k+ miles on it this spring and the constant up/down at "every" stop was getting a little old. We went back with a more basic Tahoe that wasn't as tech/option heavy

OP
OP
F

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great info and much appreciated!!

Man, it is really split on the air-ride!! Some guys love it and the next guy says, stay away. LOL

As far as the 2022 it doesn't pay to even look at the RSE system, as that sounds like a total joke but the RSE system on a 2021 sounds legit.

Can anyone clarify exactly what you need to pay for subscription wise on the 2022 and prices?

ScottPSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great info and much appreciated!!

Man, it is really split on the air-ride!! Some guys love it and the next guy says, stay away. LOL

As far as the 2022 it doesn't pay to even look at the RSE system, as that sounds like a total joke but the RSE system on a 2021 sounds legit.

Can anyone clarify exactly what you need to pay for subscription wise on the 2022 and prices?
You will have to pay the Onstar "tax" to get the data plan to make the GPS work. Fair warning, it is god awful slow and Onstar service left a lot to be desired for me. I traded a 2020 Yukon Denali for the 2022 because I love the tech and the new body style. Air suspension has been fine for me. It is noisy when approaching/departing the vehicle but on the road it is fine. Having a selectable driving mode is nice as well. The center stack looks great, but it hasn't overly impressed. When you purchase new, they build the 3 year unlimited data plan into the price. Not sure what the monthly price is these days, but Onstar site should outline this for you.

OP
OP
F

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will have to pay the Onstar "tax" to get the data plan to make the GPS work. Fair warning, it is god awful slow and Onstar service left a lot to be desired for me. I traded a 2020 Yukon Denali for the 2022 because I love the tech and the new body style. Air suspension has been fine for me. It is noisy when approaching/departing the vehicle but on the road it is fine. Having a selectable driving mode is nice as well. The center stack looks great, but it hasn't overly impressed. When you purchase new, they build the 3 year unlimited data plan into the price. Not sure what the monthly price is these days, but Onstar site should outline this for you.
So......you're saying if you want avoid some of that, then stick with a 2021!

OP
OP
F

FatDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well,

It looks like I'm closing a deal on a 2021 Denali for the wife. It's pretty well loaded out and had the rear seat entertainment system as well as the 22" wheels. White Tri-coat and black interior. Decent low miles with 11 thousand and some odd miles on it and 1 1/2 years of warranty left.

Thanks again to everyone for the information and insight!!

s4cruiser

Reaction score
Well,

It looks like I'm closing a deal on a 2021 Denali for the wife. It's pretty well loaded out and had the rear seat entertainment system as well as the 22" wheels. White Tri-coat and black interior. Decent low miles with 11 thousand and some odd miles on it and 1 1/2 years of warranty left.

Thanks again to everyone for the information and insight!!
What’s that price if you don’t mind sharing? Sounds like a very nice ride.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, one thing you might check is ask the dealer to get you the engine build date (not the vehicle build date) from the sticker on the engine. Confirm it is outside the date range of the bad lifters. And ask the dealer if this vehicle has had any warranty service on the engine. Google “GM Lifter Failures” if you are not familiar.

JLMBT

Reaction score
That's great info!!!

I'll be honest, I'm typically a Ford guy but the wife likes the Denali's and Escalade's, which we have had a few of each. So I haven't followed all the new changes and updates that close with GM. The more I'm reading and hearing, I actually leaning towards trying to find a 2021 with low miles.
Honestly, I think it depends on what you prefer, if you like a digital cluster, then go with 2022. I have 2022 Denali loaded...it doesn't have adaptive cruise but that's now a deal breaker, I think the issues you've read on the lifters, that just depends on IF it happens...I don't think we purchase vehicles thinking they will break tomorrow..I'm sure GM is aware of the lifter issues that happen on some of the Yukon vehicles...and they will fix it..I would go with 2022 denali. Just overall great look. That's just my thoughts. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14