Delco or no delco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CDNTAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but, I am going replace my ABS wheel speed sensor, my question is does it have to be ACDelco or will another brand suffice. The reason for the question is knock sensors MUST be delco so I was curious if the ABS sensor had to be. thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never had any problem using generic abs sensors, you will know right away if it works properly or not

Summajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mixed reviews on aftermarket or OEM parts.
Sometimes no issues and others they did not work.
Depends on the electrical party and how easy to access the failed electrical part.
I generally stuck with OEM.
It depends on your budget and also preference.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be clear, you CAN use aftermarket knock sensors or any other part but I have heard of the Dorman knock sensors failing soon after installing and those are hard to get to. But there are good aftermarket brands too.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I once bought a chicom hub for another GM vehicle. The bearing and hub construction was fine, the ABS/Wheel Speed sensor never worked. Timken, last time I looked, was the supplier for the ACDelco hubs, the wiring on mine are the exact same as OE.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I once bought a chicom hub for another GM vehicle. The bearing and hub construction was fine, the ABS/Wheel Speed sensor never worked. Timken, last time I looked, was the supplier for the ACDelco hubs, the wiring on mine are the exact same as OE.
Yes, Timken for the front hubs w/ abs sensor FTW but for the rear Timken doesn’t make the sensor. Which are you replacing, @CDNTAHOE ?