Delayed Delivery of Yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Roturn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the guidance, I will do both. Are Linton and the dealer using the same application to look up the status? Is that the Jack Cooper website or VinView?

I get the feeling I don't have the whole story. Everytime I have spoken with my salesmen, his system confirms what GM is telling me, that it's finished production, but the ETA for delivery continues to slip.

It's crazy to to see how bad GM's supply chain management is. For a company trying to transform into a more agile tech company, that is not a good sign.

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only your dealer can look it up in vin view. I believe Linton uses GM global connect to look up orders that aren’t his dealerships. Most dealers have no idea about palsapp. One interesting thing I found on there though if you put in the trip number you can see all the vehicles that shipped with it and then can do a vin search on the Chevy website or GMC site and see if you can see them and if they show in transit.

OP
OP
R

Roturn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Only your dealer can look it up in vin view. I believe Linton uses GM global connect to look up orders that aren’t his dealerships. Most dealers have no idea about palsapp. One interesting thing I found on there though if you put in the trip number you can see all the vehicles that shipped with it and then can do a vin search on the Chevy website or GMC site and see if you can see them and if they show in transit.
Are you saying search the Pals app using the trip#? I can only search using the VIN or shipping number. Maybe it's different if I use the desktop site, I have only used it on my phone.

Where on the GMC site can I search using the VIN?

OP
OP
R

Roturn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got it. It appears all the trucks that were under my same trip number are all in the same place and have not moved since 12/7.

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fyi All the GM process codes that start in the 4's
  • 4000 Available to Ship
  • 4104 Bailment Invoice (shiping doc's)
  • 4106 Release Bailment
  • 4110 Invoice Reject
  • 4120 Internal Invoice
  • 4150 Original Invoice
  • 4200 Shipped
  • 4250 Ocean Dispatched
  • 4300 Intermediate Delivery
  • 4350 At Port of Exit – Truck
  • 4800 Rail Ramp Unload
  • 4850 At Port of Exit – Rail
  • 4B00 Bayed (Available to Ship)
  • 4B01 Arrived at Vehicle Distribution Center
  • 4B10 Available for Export Shipping
  • 4B11 Available for Sale
  • 4B12 Argentina Built Order Ready for Re-Invoice to Mexico
  • 4B31 Anticipated Tag
  • 4B40 Grounded Tag
  • 4B42 Untag
  • 4B45 Credit Rebill Rejected
  • 4B50 Final Dealer Assigned by Central Office
  • 4B60 Credit Rebill Sent to Vehicle Billing and Accounts Receivable System
  • 4B65 CDO Requests Created (GM International Sales Only)
  • 4B70 Credit Rebill Cancelled in Vehicle Billing and Accounts Receivable System
  • 4D00 Vehicle on Hold (typically quality control but can be any reason such as parts missing)
  • 4DCR Carrier Reject
  • 4F01 Vehicle Arrived at Central Distribution Center
  • 4F02 In Transit to Regional Distribution Center
  • 4F03 Vehicle Arrived at Regional Distribution Center
  • 4F04 Vehicle Tagged in Transit to Dealer
  • 4FCR Invoice Reject
  • 4FUN Credit Dealer/Undo Invoice
  • 4V01 Vehicle at Upfitter
  • 4V02 Vehicle on Transportation Hold
  • 4V03 Estimated Delivery Date Updated

OP
OP
R

Roturn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like my truck is finally on the move again. It's showing 4200 again and then the dealer called me yesterday afternoon to say it's scheduled to be delivered to then on Wednesday. This is definitely a change in status, since it was stuck at 4300 since 12/7.

Fingers crossed I can post pics next week.

Tahoe2022

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was going to call jack cooper as well, but just pretend to be the dealership, wonder how they would validate this?

I would like to just understand the supply constaint. Is it holding vehicles till it has enough of them to justify shipping to a certain location or just a lack of resources to move vehicles in a timely fashion? I would hope there is a logical explanation. I'm a process improvement guy and it drives me crazy when things are run efficiently. Especially things that impact my need for instant gratification.
Lol tried called. They ask for your dealer code. And the speculation is they didn’t have enough to move some trucks and when they finally did, there were too many new ones around that they have to move to get to it so when drivers come in, they pick random loads haul. The issues I’m having is GM gave dealers the right to get the trucks released to them and they pick them up if they are near. The yard is refusing to allow mine to go and nobody can give me answers.

Tahoe2022

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
are your trucks at the local rail yard or one of the storage lots around Arlington? Bayed code 4B00 usually isn’t a delayed shipping code. From what I have seen it’s mostly used for quality inspection and hold.
I have a code of 4800 where it have been for weeks now. Awaiting to be shipped to final destination. It was released to the transporter the. Reported its waiting to be released.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts