Decided to sell my 2015 Tahoe LT, but how ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boatguy272

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are small dealers by me NEXT to the CARMAX that advertise " $ 1,000 more than CARMAX offer ". Worth a shot also

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've not used my Tahoe in months since the Covid-19 sprang so I've decided to sell it. But this is easier said than done. I listed it on Cargurus.com and I'll see what kind of activity I get. It's a perfect 2015 Tahoe LT, never been in or had a accident or any damage. It only has 64708 miles on and other than the LED headlights and the 'WeatherTech' splash shields and floor liners, it's all stock. in almost 2 years never given me a moment of doubt, fresh battery regiously maintained, good solid truck.

View attachment 257915 View attachment 257916 View attachment 257917 View attachment 257918 View attachment 257919

If you did not sell your Tahoe yet I would keep it. Due to the shortage of the 2021 models due to the microchip shortage and other issues there are barely any Tahoe's for sale right now and will probably be that way for months.

I went by Bomnin Chevrolet yesterday in Florida City and there were zero new or used Tahoe-Yukon on the lot. Usually they have a lot of them sitting out there. All I saw was Silverado-Traverse.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
This is all great information! Planning to sell my ‘07 Yukon as well and don’t like to talk with dealers at all.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you did not sell your Tahoe yet I would keep it. Due to the shortage of the 2021 models due to the microchip shortage and other issues there are barely any Tahoe's for sale right now and will probably be that way for months.

I went by Bomnin Chevrolet yesterday in Florida City and there were zero new or used Tahoe-Yukon on the lot. Usually they have a lot of them sitting out there. All I saw was Silverado-Traverse.

Adjusted market value AKA supply and demand..........prefect time to sell

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Givemethevin is pretty hassle free. Ended up getting a few thousand more from an eager dealer on a deal, but GMTV are pretty straight forward. If they give you a price you don’t like, they’ll also ask what’s the lowest price: I like the no BS.

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a GMTV and the offer wasn’t anything to complain about. They offered 22-24k for my fiancé’s ‘17 Wrangler Unlimited. I’m not insulted. Retail is $29-31k and Mannheim Market Report shows actual wholesale auction data for comparable Jeep’s going for $26-29k. I also ran queries for other “we buy cars” firms and received one from KBB for $25k. In summary, nothing has changed here. You can sell it yourself and save 15-25% or you can give that up to not deal with the hassle. What is your time and effort worth? Right now we think it is worth a try for a month or two (payments are $600/mo...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep