Decided to sell my 2015 Tahoe LT, but how ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Ward

2015 Tahoe LT
Reaction score
I've not used my Tahoe in months since the Covid-19 sprang so I've decided to sell it. But this is easier said than done. I listed it on Cargurus.com and I'll see what kind of activity I get. It's a perfect 2015 Tahoe LT, never been in or had a accident or any damage. It only has 64708 miles on and other than the LED headlights and the 'WeatherTech' splash shields and floor liners, it's all stock. in almost 2 years never given me a moment of doubt, fresh battery regiously maintained, good solid truck.

SANY0222.JPG SANY0220.JPG SANY0221.JPG SANY0228.JPG SANY0233.JPG

OP
OP
James Ward

James Ward

2015 Tahoe LT
Reaction score
Yeah, but I haven't done this in a LOOONG time. How do you sell safely ? I hate dealers, they just jerk you around and tell you endless lies and BS. I went down that road yesterday with 2 local assholes. How do you sell with all the lies and BS ? I asked the jerk yesterday at the end of a bull&^$% session, "Then why did you contact me ?" It's such a load to sell a truck without all the games. I want to sell, but I'm not pressured to sell ! And it's almost impossible to find a vehicle like this without X00.000 plus miles on it. Surely not one with 64.000 miles.

Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
We Used TRED. Couldn’t be happier. Took 3 months and had 3 real buyers. Held off for an out of state buyer. All Ppwk, DMV and financial were handled by them.

Money safely wired to escrow account and then wired to my personal checking account in 72 hours of sale. Only met buyer 1x for test drive and deliver vehicle later in day after TRED guaranteed funds in escrow.

They post nationwide on almost every car sale site out there. All communication goes through their portal so you can avoid creeps. Pics & background are 100% of your sale. I paid $7h for a professional, dealer restoration on our 08 Denali XL w/ 140k miles. That w/ the pics taken w/ ocean as the background on a black truck allowed a sale of $12.5k. It was listed for $14.5 and lowered several times. I held price at $12.5k because there was so much junk out there listed for more with service docs.

Having it cleaner than a dealer and dealing w/ real buyers that are respectful and tech savvy made TRED a dream. Over all cost was $150 in fees to TRED.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
CARMAX......
This. Just go drop it off at CarMax and come home with a check. You won’t get the best price but it’s also not the worst and saves tons of time. So depends on how much time you have to spend (waste) on selling a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but I haven't done this in a LOOONG time. How do you sell safely ? I hate dealers, they just jerk you around and tell you endless lies and BS. I went down that road yesterday with 2 local assholes. How do you sell with all the lies and BS ? I asked the jerk yesterday at the end of a bull&^$% session, "Then why did you contact me ?" It's such a load to sell a truck without all the games. I want to sell, but I'm not pressured to sell ! And it's almost impossible to find a vehicle like this without X00.000 plus miles on it. Surely not one with 64.000 miles.

I think you have that backwards. Any good dealer is not going to jerk you around, they'll make you an offer and you can take it or leave it. Just like Carmax. The private parties are where you have to wade through all the BS to find a real buyer.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of dealers, at least the ones around me, are scrambling to find used vehicles and will do the Car-Max thing where they give you a cash offer on the spot. I took my last two vehicles I did this with to a few places for quotes and ended up with the dealers basically bidding against each other.

You can take that offer and post it up on Craigslist or FB and know that you have a guaranteed amount you can get for your Tahoe. That shuts up all the low ballers out there.

I guess it all comes down to how much are you willing to work to get “Private Sale” pricing vs “Trade-in” pricing which is basically what Car Max or any other dealer will offer you.

Heck, post your vehicle here in the for sale section and see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts