Debadged - Paint issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dachrist

Reaction score
What did you use to take off your trim? I heated up the molding with a hair dryer, then used fishing line to cut through the tape. Once the molding was off, I washed the truck to get rid of the dirt behind the molding, then used an eraser wheel. The strange thing is that the paint issue is in between where the tape was, so I doubt it was anything that I used to remove the left over tape.

Black-99-Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used a dryer also, thin plastic spackel knife and some goo gone. I know what you mean about the discolor being between the adhesive, I think its just from moisture being trapped between for so long, but who knows, doesnt really bother me much since, I have a couple other spots on my tahoe that have rough paint problems. Looks hella of lot better without the chrome trim.

OP
OP
D

dachrist

Reaction score
If I can't get it buffed out, I am going to pick up the all black molding from LMC and put it back on. At least the chrome will be gone.

busafreak

Reaction score
Oh, u had it since new.. Well probably they rushed ur truck at the plant and put on the impact strips before the clear cured and the trapped solvents clouded up beneath.
Paint or new strips. Its a shame because it looks great without the strips..

Vigh_J

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue, has to be someting with the factory Black paint IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjbaker84