Dead rodent in ductwork..yuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So last week I asked how to get the horrible smell out of my 2020 Yukon. Great ideas, but temporary results. So I bought a camera with a scope from Amazon, put it thru the duct under the glove compartment and I see a dead rodent. So my question is how the hell do I remove the ductwork to get this damn thing out of my truck. The shop/dealer is an easy but expensive answer. If I can do it myself I’ll give it a try.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better get it before it gets all “mushy”. I’d use a mechanical claw to grab and pull. The claw is used to pick up screws and the like. Available at any auto parts store. Another way would be to push it back where it came from. I guess it just depends which end is showing and which way it came in. Good luck! And don’t forget to sanitize the duct to get the remnants out. Aloha!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So last week I asked how to get the horrible smell out of my 2020 Yukon. Great ideas, but temporary results. So I bought a camera with a scope from Amazon, put it thru the duct under the glove compartment and I see a dead rodent. So my question is how the hell do I remove the ductwork to get this damn thing out of my truck. The shop/dealer is an easy but expensive answer. If I can do it myself I’ll give it a try.
get it out the same way you got the camera in there with a flexible grabber, zip tie the grabber to the camera tip so you can see what you are grabbing, you will have to keep the grabber open until you grab the rodent so it will flex and move where you need it to go

OP
OP
B

Bigell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
get it out the same way you got the camera in there with a flexible grabber, zip tie the grabber to the camera tip so you can see what you are grabbing, you will have to keep the grabber open until you grab the rodent so it will flex and move where you need it to go
Yeah…on my way to find the tool now…wish me luck

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dump a cupful of ants in there. They'll leave when the deed is done.

*The preceding statement has not been evaluated by any credible officials for truth, fact or sanity. It is not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any existing or potential ailments. Do not ask your TYF moderator if iamdub is right for you. Results will vary. Common side effects may include deeper thoughts, confusion, snickering/snorting, rolling of eyes, repulsion and/or recțal discomfort possibly followed by anger. External use only. Proceed with caution. Batteries not included. Call your mother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123