Dead miss on 5.3 07 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tha Dude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So on a recent 60 mile round trip, my 07 Yukon developed a dead miss on #7 cylinder. Changed the spark plug, no change. Unplugged the coil pack and put another coil pack on it with a spark tester. It showed fire bust still had a dead miss. I suspect that the injector may be bad. Ideas? Recommendations?

Attachments

• IMG_6882.jpeg
    IMG_6882.jpeg
    392.2 KB · Views: 4

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So on a recent 60 mile round trip, my 07 Yukon developed a dead miss on #7 cylinder. Changed the spark plug, no change. Unplugged the coil pack and put another coil pack on it with a spark tester. It showed fire bust still had a dead miss. I suspect that the injector may be bad. Ideas? Recommendations?
Any unusual tapping noises from the engine? Any codes being thrown? How many miles? Any recent work done to it?

Common culprits on these rigs:
-Counterfeit spark plugs from Scamazon or Fleabay, but you seem to have ruled that out.
-Damaged wire harness to the coil or injector
-Poor/corroded ground on that bank of cylinders
-Clogged injector
-Lifter failure causing the intake or exhaust valve (or both) to not function properly (accompanied by a tapping sound)

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What size tires/wheels are those? And what drop are you running?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia