DDM Tuning Ballasts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattjr79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I heard alot of good things here about DDM HID kits so I wanna order some low and fogs for the hoe...did yall go with the slim ballasts or the regular?

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I've got one of each on my truck.

The slims fire up faster and obviously are smaller. Also had two other sets of slims on my car. Haven't had any issues with any of them. Essentially, if you want cheaper, go with the regular...if you want something easier to tuck away and that does seem to ignite a little faster, go with the slim ballasts.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the cheap regular ones and they work great, had them for about a year now!

OP
OP
Mattjr79

Mattjr79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do i need to buy any of the harnesses, adaptor cables, or error eliminator cables?? Or just buy the kit as is??

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the slim because i wanted 55 watt...i believe they are only offered in slim for 55 watt. if you want to buy the harness some people say you need it, i bought it because its only 15 bucks more

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the harness with mine but never did put it in, works great without it for me!!

jutte73

Reaction score
i just got the hid kit (highs and lows) and didnt get the harness. have had them in for 2 months now and not a single problem at all..

ghost

Reaction score
i love my hids, only prob i have with them is sometimes they dont allways come on when i start the truck. ill have to switch to highs then back to lows for them to come on.. other than that they are sick. HUGE dif from my old projectors..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman