Daytime driving light bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2005 Yukon XL....
I took some time.... ( not too much time) :rolleyes: Couldn't find a thread.
... I'm replacing my front signal lenses. Stock style. I want a brighter daytime bulb.

I do not want to mess with something too "different"..... Just a replacement that is brighter.
NOT LED.
Do I just go to O'reiley's auto parts and shop there? Has someone had success online?

I have a fairly new Infiniti Q50 and the daytime lights are very bright, where, the Yukon are just average.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're talking DRLs, how bring are you talking? Your bulb sizes are listed in your owners manual. Have you seen what your options are on ebay/amazon?

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you go with a brighter incandescent bulb, you'll melt the DRL socket. If you want brighter, you have to use an LED.
I switched mine over the LED and they were just a drop-in replacement.
If you want the bulbs to look like the yellow-white of incandescent bulbs, just get one that is around 3000 to 4000K color temp.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
W8TV1..... I'll use your advice when shopping. Thanks

I noticed your LED light bar on your bumper. I was thinking the same, but using the 20" x 2" cavity between my fogs. ( Fit it in, but not too noticeable ) Maybe tint the clear a bit?

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
There is no "brighter" incandescent bulbs as the specific 4114LL bulb only comes in one specific wattage rating. You will have to upgrade to led to get anything brighter than what you had before. Luckily it's the only bulb the doesnt need special wiring or resistors to work so it just drops right in like @W8TVI said. In this case brighter means safer.

Last edited:

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no "brighter" incandescent bulbs as the specific 4114LL bulb only comes in one specific wattage rating. You will have to upgrade to led to get anything brighter than what you had before. Luckily it's the only bulb the doesnt need special wiring or resistors to work so it just drops right in like @W8TVI said. In this case brighter means safer.

Yup, however, you can find an amber 4114 if that is a look you're going for. I swapped my tahoe's DRL with amber 4114 and thought they looks great.

I'm running LEDs in my yukon

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mentioned the new/brighter (LED) bulbs were for a new pair of turn signal lenses. Well, this morning I bought a pair of TYC 'stock style' lenses for, get this.... $6.50 each !!

Rock auto. Including shipping, a whopping $20 bucks total cost.

I'd say that's a good price!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645