Data Plan/OnStar Rear Entertainment Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSE Dad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I just bought a new 2023 Tahoe Z71 and had them add the rear entertainment system for my kids. I believe I will need to have a data plan long term for them to be able to use them with apps like Hulu, etc but is that the only subscription I need to buy? Or do I have to buy a separate onstar subscription? Am I looking at $25 per month for the data plan or more?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OnStar "Connected Vehicle" plan gives you the unlimited data that will make your rig a mobile hotspot and allow google maps to work along with the RES screens. I've heard of other forum members getting it for less than $25/month - maybe try pressing the blue button and chatting with an OnStar rep to see what kind of deal they will give you?

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can call and ask for the $200 yearly unlimited plan only. It's run by ATT.

You don't have to have any other plan.

Keep in mind that OnStar remote vehicle services like lock and unlock are included for 3 or 5 years.

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
You can call and ask for the $200 yearly unlimited plan only. It's run by ATT.

You don't have to have any other plan.

Keep in mind that OnStar remote vehicle services like lock and unlock are included for 3 or 5 years.
Remote lock/unlock is only 30 days now but the vehicle diagnostics is 5 years.

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
So I just bought a new 2023 Tahoe Z71 and had them add the rear entertainment system for my kids. I believe I will need to have a data plan long term for them to be able to use them with apps like Hulu, etc but is that the only subscription I need to buy? Or do I have to buy a separate onstar subscription? Am I looking at $25 per month for the data plan or more?
Your better off buying the premium OnStar plan which includes everything with unlimited data at $500.00 a year if you go monthly its $550 total cheaper to go yearly. If you buy the cheap OnStar plan safety/security its $300.00 a year then your going to add data at $300.00 a year that's 600 bucks a year. Better off getting the premium plan. https://www.onstar.com/pricing

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get unlimited data and onstar concierge and security services all in for 25 bucks a month. Had it for over 2 years… no issues works great…

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Good info. They keep adding “free” O/S Plan to my unlimited data hoping I’ll forget to drop it and let it ride. I’ll have to lay down the law with them.

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get unlimited data and onstar concierge and security services all in for 25 bucks a month. Had it for over 2 years… no issues works great…

Bumping an old thread, but how did you get that rate? I'm paying about that for just Safety & Security.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I went to continue after my free trial, that is what was offered, and I took it but that's been 2 yrs. ago. Hasn't changed since.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do the $200/year data plan for our RSE. I don’t pay for the Onstar. We also have a 21’ so the navigation is built in. ****** me off they took the built in nav away for 22’ and newer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844