Dashcam with fuse block wiring kit...switched power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattaton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a couple Garmin 66W dashcams, one for the front and one for the rear. I saw that my 2015 Yukon had fuse panels on both sides of the dash and also in the back cargo compartment. Great! Easy to use one of those fuse block wiring kits that just plug into an existing fuse terminal. Then I realized the rear fuse block had ZERO switched terminals. Ugh.

Tried the passenger side fuse block. Still no luck on the terminals I tried. Even the fuse marked "Radio" powered the cam immediately upon plugging it in.

I saw on one thread that supposedly fuse 33 on the driver side block is switched. That's potentially one that I can plug into.

I also saw on another thread that maybe the accessory cigarette lighter style plug in the back could be changed to switched mode by changing a fuse in the front somewhere (they didn't get specific). Is that true?

I'd love to find a fuse in the front and rear to keep my cable runs as short as possible.

Any help is appreciated!!!

Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep