Dashboard cracking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lspann3525

Reaction score
My 2008 tahoe dashboard has so many cracks it's un-repairable. I have seen where the sell a cap or cover that will go over it but I am wanting to know is it somewhere to purchase the dashboard or an upgraded dashboard?

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
My 2008 tahoe dashboard has so many cracks it's un-repairable. I have seen where the sell a cap or cover that will go over it but I am wanting to know is it somewhere to purchase the dashboard or an upgraded dashboard?
It’s hard to find and when you do it’s EXPENSIVE
My buddy did say there was a company in Florida who sold them and they vinyl wrapped them in leather so they would last longer I’ll try to reach out to him and get the info tomorrow

Reaction score
It's also usually cheaper to order one through the dealer rather then getting it a bit cheaper online and having to pay ~$200 shipping. It's large, not just the top shelf, it also includes the area of the vents/gauges/radio/hvac controls. They run about $500-$600 if I remember correctly. A couple members on here have replaced theirs

Thread 'Dashboard Replacement 2013 GMT900 Yukon/Tahoe' https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/dashboard-replacement-2013-gmt900-yukon-tahoe.136318/

Last edited:

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say I HIGHLY recommend DashSkin. There isn't an easier way to deal with these dashboards, and you don't have to worry about the replacement dash cracking down the road in 10 more years. The fit is literally like a glove, and its extremely easy to do. I've got pics of my install in my build thread in my sig.

No matter what path you take, make sure you've taken care of your airbag recall before going forward with whatever repair you choose.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's also usually cheaper to order one through the dealer rather then getting it a bit cheaper online and having to pay ~$200 shipping. It's large, not just the top shelf, it also includes the area of the vents/gauges/radio/hvac controls. They run about $500-$600 if I remember correctly.
$1400+ now Tom.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alternative......$$$...... California Car Cover makes a very nice & a 'factory looking' - fitting dash cover.

It's pre-molded to fit every curve. I use one. ( My dash is still new condition, but wanted to keep it that way.) > > > Just to be clear..... The dash cover is the traditional style fabric. Not a hard surface. But it fits very well.

Last edited:

texaswiseguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s hard to find and when you do it’s EXPENSIVE
My buddy did say there was a company in Florida who sold them and they vinyl wrapped them in leather so they would last longer I’ll try to reach out to him and get the info tomorrow
Hey, Trey! Were you able to find the information on the Florida company? Thanks!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
That sounds like Dräxlmaier I was referring to in the past. They’re the ones who wrapped the OEM 07-14 Esky Platinum dash, door cards and trim in leather.

Those guys are the peeps you need to discover what the leather is that they use that is so damn resilient to the sun and doesn’t crack when laid over an OEM black dash.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say I HIGHLY recommend DashSkin. There isn't an easier way to deal with these dashboards, and you don't have to worry about the replacement dash cracking down the road in 10 more years. The fit is literally like a glove, and its extremely easy to do. I've got pics of my install in my build thread in my sig.

No matter what path you take, make sure you've taken care of your airbag recall before going forward with whatever repair you choose.
I did this on my rx350. Probably will do the same on the tahoe. Been holding off to get an android auto headunit. Replacing my charcoal canister and what not first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar