Dampness Under Drivers floormats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerseyjonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys has anyone else had this issue? it seems my carpet under my side floor mat is always damp, it doesnt matter if its summer or winter so i dont think its the AC drain. Does anyone know if there is a cowl drain in that area or something else? any insight would be greatly appreciated

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys has anyone else had this issue? it seems my carpet under my side floor mat is always damp, it doesnt matter if its summer or winter so i dont think its the AC drain. Does anyone know if there is a cowl drain in that area or something else? any insight would be greatly appreciated

When you say it doesn't matter if it's summer or winter, do you mean that it doesn't matter it's it wet or dry outside as well? Rain or no rain?

OP
OP
jerseyjonny

jerseyjonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no i more mean the ac isnt making moisture that would need to drain out. im thinking its an external drain but am unsure of anything on that side

TALL00TAHOE

Reaction score
Same problem here, i checked everything and found that the carpet padding was soaked. I would vacum the carpet and it would remain dry for a couple days then would be soaked yet again. My guess is that the pressure from my feet was compressing the dry carpet against the wet padding and acting as somewhat of a sponge. I'd say pull the sill plate off and check that padding and see if its soaked, If so wet dry vac the padding and put everything back in place and see if the problem persists. In my case I think the previous owner didnt have any floor mats and the snow and water just soaked through over time. GOOD LUCK

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had this problem in my 03. when i turned the ac on the passenger floor would flood. the drain tube was clogged with crap. i just hit it with a pipe cleaner and got some crap out and its been good.

OP
OP
jerseyjonny

jerseyjonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive vacuumed up the dampness and put pig mat under my mat for a few days to dry it out but to no avail. ill have to pull it into the shop and check out the sunroof drains.

Doomsta510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem last week on the front/rear drivers side, the entire carpet was soaked with water. Ended up lifting the carpet front/rear and soaked up all the water from the padding and carpet with a small wash vac then padding it down with shop towels. I think my problem was the coupler that covers the wires leading from the dash to the drivers door was open and water was getting in from there.(last week it was poring rain all week) dry so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900