D pillar speaker upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
So i found these speakers that sound alot better than the stock bose system.My buddy put them in his and i was amazed at the difference.Just alot cleaner and you can actually hear something back their thats clean.$40 bucks online worth every penny-for what i wanted. I cut the d pillar panels to accept a bigger speaker with the dremel-and they fit right in the holes for the old speakers.https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-REF3022CFX-Reference-Speakers-Edge-driven/dp/B01E4JWG6I

speakers 006.JPG New d pillar speakers 008.JPG New d pillar speakers 011.JPG

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know. Thank you for the tip, as others in this Forum may want to adopt it.

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is it louder? I don't want it to sound too harsh or to much on the treble side. Those rear speakers never sounded great. I did the LUX YU91 upgrade and they do sound better. Wonder how these would sound with the luxury amp?

OB 04Denali

Reaction score
So is it louder? I don't want it to sound too harsh or to much on the treble side. Those rear speakers never sounded great. I did the LUX YU91 upgrade and they do sound better. Wonder how these would sound with the luxury amp?

I did the same back there but with the kicker ones that are 50 rms. Not a hard mod but worth it. Everything i have is after market and full 50 rms going to them

wildcatgoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pff... I disconnected those useless rear speakers a LONG time ago. My cargo doesn't need to hear the music.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the same to my 00 many moons ago, just provides a little extra filler sound is all 3.5" is about as big as you can go without making cuts in the metal and more cuts to the trim panels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts