2022 Yukon XL D pillar speaker install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UnoPedro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All!

This is my first post so bare with me and forgive if this has already been discussed. I've searched and found nothing.

My vehicle is a 2022 Yukon XL SLE, 3.0 Duramax, 4x4, Max trailering package, front row bench and build date of 01/22. I imagine some of this info isn't relevant but better safe than sorry.

I would like to install rear speakers into the D pillars. It currently doesn't have any. Just the front and second row have speaker from the factory. On my past 2014 Suburban it was wired for speakers and all I had to do was buy the speakers and plug them in. I was hoping it would be that simple with this new Yukon but I removed the plastic trim where the speakers would go and couldn't find an unused plug. It may be there but I couldn't find it. Before I dig any further I would like to ask if anyone knows or knows how find out if it is pre-wired and if so where is the wire at?

Any input is welcomed, thank you.

aboss3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm curious myself as kids in the 3rd row can barely hear the sound on the long trips. Interested what you find out.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question, as I installed a complete aftermarket system, and the potential volume is loud enough that it can be heard anywhere in the truck, without any rear speakers. However, other members on this Forum should be able to answer your question, and they will chime in..

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All!

This is my first post so bare with me and forgive if this has already been discussed. I've searched and found nothing.

My vehicle is a 2022 Yukon XL SLE, 3.0 Duramax, 4x4, Max trailering package, front row bench and build date of 01/22. I imagine some of this info isn't relevant but better safe than sorry.

I would like to install rear speakers into the D pillars. It currently doesn't have any. Just the front and second row have speaker from the factory. On my past 2014 Suburban it was wired for speakers and all I had to do was buy the speakers and plug them in. I was hoping it would be that simple with this new Yukon but I removed the plastic trim where the speakers would go and couldn't find an unused plug. It may be there but I couldn't find it. Before I dig any further I would like to ask if anyone knows or knows how find out if it is pre-wired and if so where is the wire at?

Any input is welcomed, thank you.
that would all depend upon your vehicle trim level, lower trim level will not have the wiring at all, mid-to-upper trim "might" have some wiring to a extent, if the rear D pillar speakers are not a option for the model year at all then there will be no wiring no matter the trim level, my 1st guess is if you did not find any wire is that you will need to tap into and run wires from the left & right side panels that are between the front seat and 2nd row as that is where the wires run from the inside to the passenger door speakers and run that wire down the left & right side to the rear pillars to where to need it.
one place to start is the gm upfitter guide it will show (or should show) the radio speaker wiring diagram color codes, etc. you will have to browse thru the guide to find what you are looking for, the guide is online and is free. it may show it for the different trim levels or it may just show one and then you will have to look at yours and reference the guide to figure it out.
**one thing to note is adding the pillar speakers in-line with the rear door speakers will change the ohm's (resistance) so do the math. lower ohm's will usually make the sound slightly louder and higher ohms will lower the output (watts)

OP
OP
U

UnoPedro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys!

My last Suburban was a base model but had the wires and I was hopeful this would too. But it appears they may have gotten smart and this base model Yukon doesn't. I spent some time looking over the schematics at the gmupfitter.com that you mentioned a couple days ago. I'm unexperienced but looks like they didn't run the wires to the D-pillar. I will have explore other options such as what "Doubeleive" suggested and "Doubeleive" thanks for the heads-up about the ohm's.

Next time I tear into it I'll take some pic's and post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts