Cylinder Deactivation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerrouss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello gang,

I have a good question for any techs here. We have a 2016 Yukon Denali with the 6.2 and it’s in excellent condition. The only issue is the cylinder deactivation when it’s about to go to 4cyl and when it’s in 4cyl it chugs now. It started about a month ago and now is progressively getting worse. And really thinking about having the ECU flashed to get rid of the cylinder deactivation.
Has anyone have this done and be happier with the results? At this point I don’t care if it’s harder on gas, we just want it running excellent
Thanks for the replies

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one of those Range dongles that plugs into the underdash port, keeping it in V8 mode. I no longer use it and will give it away for the cost of shipping, PM me.
I have no knowledge for you on the 'chugging" in 4 cyl mode.
The dongle was a stop gab measure, a lifter did fail at 62,*** miles and bent a pushrod. I had the AFM deleted with a cam swap and tune. Still gets 20 mpg at 85 mph!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would try to understand why it is chugging now, because if it is not directly and totally related to the AFM, then it will persist without you knowing it.

OP
OP
Jerrouss

Jerrouss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi gang,

So I go get the AFM delete and then he tuned the software. And he told that a lot of the time that there’s confusion on the shuddering, people think it’s the AFM & it turns out to be the torque converter. So I take it for a spin after and with our ****** luck it’s the torque converter. So I go back to the shop and he hooks the laptop to the Yukon and we go for a drive, & he tuned it and now it barely shudders. But it’s probably a better idea to get the torque converter replaced sooner than later. I got one quote at $3000.00 est

Did this happen to any of you?

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Hi gang,

So I go get the AFM delete and then he tuned the software. And he told that a lot of the time that there’s confusion on the shuddering, people think it’s the AFM & it turns out to be the torque converter. So I take it for a spin after and with our ****** luck it’s the torque converter. So I go back to the shop and he hooks the laptop to the Yukon and we go for a drive, & he tuned it and now it barely shudders. But it’s probably a better idea to get the torque converter replaced sooner than later. I got one quote at $3000.00 est

Did this happen to any of you?
I’ve got the dod deleted and I also have a converter that’s on its way out the door at anytime.
My next project is to build the trans and put in a bigger converter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan