Cut/polish - new to me Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BauerTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just purchased a Tahoe that I know the background on and has lived outside it’s entire life. This is after a fresh hand wash and would like to know if anyone has experience with this paint. I’m looking to dive into a DA polisher but to get ahead of the cut/polish, has anyone had any good luck with products on Tahoe paint? Thanks!

Attachments

• E5AC9AA5-B14D-4E96-ADF8-8715782F30F4.jpeg
    E5AC9AA5-B14D-4E96-ADF8-8715782F30F4.jpeg
    244.3 KB · Views: 21

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have used several on different newer gm vehicles....

and brand name that you can source will work fine, for dailys i hit local parts house for meguiars or 3m products. depending on how bad, the pad will make a difference too. if you dont mind 2 passes at least, grab a couple micro fiber pads and ultimate polish...then swap to a soft foam pad and the same polish. this works great on most dailys and removes about 95% rather quickly.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done tons of customers black gm and I recommend doing the following to remove 60% of the surface scratches:
-decon wash
-claybar
-panel prep spray each panel with either DYI solution or one available from big brands
- 3 or so microfiber orange pads from Lake Country or whoever you like
-Sonax Cutmax or your fav compound that does great with low dust and has no filler
-finish with a all in one product like Rupes UNO Protect or similar on a clean orange pad.
-lots of fresh microfiber towel freshly washed so no lint if they are new
-big bright shop light to see your work

take time to tape area and prep, do One panel at the time
take your time
you'll be blown away

budget 4 to 8 hours if you are a newbie

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the one big key note to remember...work the area that you choose...BUT COUNT THE NUMBER OF PASSES IN EACH DIRECTION.

once you have the desired look, your time will be saved by following your counted steps. if you start over on every area, you will take days to complete. but once you learn the pass count on the panel, you can fly through

remember...DAILY DRIVER, at 90% flaw corrected, you car will look like new to 99.9% of people and your self. NO SHOP gets all flaws.