Customizing door panels.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99denalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has removed the insert that the door handle sits in In the door panel and rewrapped. Started playing with a donor panel and found that it is glued on to the door panel and looking for an easier way to loosen or deteriorate the glue to make removal easier.

OP
OP

99denalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has removed the insert that the door handle sits in In the door panel and rewrapped. Started playing with a donor panel and found that it is glued on to the door panel and looking for an easier way to loosen or deteriorate the glue to make removal easier.
I'm assuming no one has tried?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mostly what ive seen is someone will reskin the arm wrests and sand and paint the plastic trim. doesn't really turn out well unless you really know what your doing.

OP
OP

99denalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea I plan to do alittle more that that once I figure out an easier solution to the glue itself. I wished they would of did the protruded plastic through the door panel and had it plastic welded like the bottom half of the door is.

OP
OP

99denalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I guess if I get it done I should post pics. Been thinking of having some kind of build log kinda thing anyhow, I've had the truck over ten years and put 180k on it over the 100k I got it with and the truck has never let me down or stranded. Now it needs alittle work and acquired a parts truck so planning on fixing some things and changing some things.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the parts rig is a solution to the door panels. Does an 02 LT or higher trim level door panel look like what you want? I believe 2000-2006 share the same panels but heck maybe an 07 or newer does too. The only panels I removed and customized were on my 81 Silverado.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent