Custom iPhone Charger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99cleanhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have used just about every car accessory made for the iPhone. Needless to say, I have been very unsatisfied with most of them so I decided to make a custom charger for my tahoe. I'm still waiting for the paint to dry so I'll take so more pics after I get it back in the truck. Comments? Criticism? No offense, but since it's mine and I'm satisfied with it, it really doesn't matter if no one else likes it or not. It works for me. I took off the lid to my center console and cut a hole in it just big enough to incorporate my mophie juice pack. This will take care of any charging needs for my iphone. Plus, it won't rattle and roll around while I'm driving. I did a test fitting and centered it where I wanted it, then epoxied it in place. After that dried, I used some moldable putty to fill in the gaps on the side. Then, sand, sand, sand!! After that I sprayed it with two coats of the paint of my choice. You will see after the install that I also have a 3.5mm line out routed from my care stereo for any audio I need. Hope you like!

Attachments

• IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 78

MotRhead

Reaction score
do you have any more pics? how is it wired up

Im assuming that is the center console under where the note pad thing is?

OP
OP

99cleanhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
do you have any more pics? how is it wired up

Im assuming that is the center console under where the note pad thing is?

Yes, I unscrewed the note pad piece. It only got in the way anyway. It's pretty neat I have the charger for the unit hard-wired into my fuse box. I just cut the end off of a car charger and wired it up. Then I just have the 3.5mm line out wired into the rear of my car stereo. I'll post some more pics this weekend so everyone can see.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

I'll build one for anyone at the right price :)

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Looks awesome. My only gripe has nothing to do with the charger setup itself but that the 2 divots from the notepad look funny to me without the pad piece. Fill those in and that is a sweet setup.

OP
OP

99cleanhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
True! I don't really like those either and I may go back and fill them in and repaint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076