Custom Denali bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I’d be careful modifying a factory bumper like that. If you get in a bad enough wreck insurance might find you liable and not pay for anything.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
There are more compatible products. I worked on a cowl for a Harley and used a plastic epoxy made for it. You have to buy it at an auto body supply place. But you will have to do some cutting and welding of the steel bumper bar which the plastic wraps around first. It’s pretty easy to remove that plastic skin, I recommend doing that first so you see what you’re dealing with before deciding on what to do. It’s just a plastic skin that covers the actual steel bumper.

It's been a little while since I've had mine off, but I think the Denali bumpers are composite under there, not steel.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark, is this material in sheet or cloth form? I’m redoing the bumper cover on an Audi TT that’s cracked and I’ve been using fiberglass but am all for something easier.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He’s only looking for about an inch so I’d think there’s enough room or flex to pull it off. I don’t think that part of the cover is attached to the steel behind it. But if you do have to cut the steel I’d pass on this.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
He’s only looking for about an inch so I’d think there’s enough room or flex to pull it off. I don’t think that part of the cover is attached to the steel behind it. But if you do have to cut the steel I’d pass on this.

It is not attached there, and yes, there's a bit of play. Maybe not a full inch, but enough to recess a plate, for sure.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mark, is this material in sheet or cloth form? I’m redoing the bumper cover on an Audi TT that’s cracked and I’ve been using fiberglass but am all for something easier.
Just epoxy is all I used, it’s like body filler but for plastic. It stays flexible so it can bend with the plastic but not separate from it. You can shape it after it partially hardens.

OP
OP
druiddonn

druiddonn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are more compatible products. I worked on a cowl for a Harley and used a plastic epoxy made for it. You have to buy it at an auto body supply place. But you will have to do some cutting and welding of the steel bumper bar which the plastic wraps around first. It’s pretty easy to remove that plastic skin, I recommend doing that first so you see what you’re dealing with before deciding on what to do. It’s just a plastic skin that covers the actual steel bumper.
Sweet thanks

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the Audi I’m fixing parts of the fascia are missing. Mostly pie shapes the largest is about 3” at the wide end. What do you use for structure? It also has several areas where it’s broken apart but I can fold it back together and used metal strips on the inside for strength. Same stuff? It’s a family car that’s seen more than it’s share of curbs and speed bumps. A used fascia is about 900 so that’s out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan