Custom Denali bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

druiddonn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do I Finch my license plate on this plastic bumper picture from my 99 as example

20190727_203027.jpg 20190727_203130.jpg

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wonder if there’s room between the bumper cover and bumper to do this or if you have to modify both?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wonder if there’s room between the bumper cover and bumper to do this or if you have to modify both?
It’s just a skin on top of the steel bumper so both would have to be modified.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder if you could remove the material the size of the plate and all about 3/4” on both sides and top with fiberglass then shape and paint? Hmmm...

OP
OP
druiddonn

druiddonn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder if you could remove the material the size of the plate and all about 3/4” on both sides and top with fiberglass then shape and paint? Hmmm...
I don't know anything about fiberglass but I can definitely YouTube it I just don't know if there's a better product for repairing this type of plastic

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about fiberglass but I can definitely YouTube it I just don't know if there's a better product for repairing this type of plastic
There are more compatible products. I worked on a cowl for a Harley and used a plastic epoxy made for it. You have to buy it at an auto body supply place. But you will have to do some cutting and welding of the steel bumper bar which the plastic wraps around first. It’s pretty easy to remove that plastic skin, I recommend doing that first so you see what you’re dealing with before deciding on what to do. It’s just a plastic skin that covers the actual steel bumper.