Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving today with the cruise control on and noticed going down hills it was struggling to maintain speed. It downshifted very hard and kept RPMs around 3k and still wasn’t able to maintain. All my other cars I have owned maintained speed on hills just fine without downshifting. Is this normal for the Tahoe. I am in a new 2018. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All my other cars

Are you talking 3500 pound cars or were the others also 6000 pound trucks? Mine is the older generation but she doesn't go grade braking like a Ford Fusion either, more like a Kenworth!

Hey Pete, how does your new one do on the hills with the cruise on? @Galante

OP
OP
Bob2C

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking 3500 pound cars or were the others also 6000 pound trucks? Mine is the older generation but she doesn't go grade braking like a Ford Fusion either, more like a Kenworth!

Hey Pete, how does your new one do on the hills with the cruise on? @Galante

I had a 2002 Yukon and the cruise worked fine. And yes I have had sedans as well. So it kinda threw me the way it was acting.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2002 Yukon and the cruise worked fine. And yes I have had sedans as well. So it kinda threw me the way it was acting.

So you're saying that your 2002 Yukon would not speed up going down hills? Every vehicle with cruise we've ever owned sped up going downhill. My truck does it too unless I put it into Tow/Haul mode and even then on steep hills will still speed up. I do remember a Ford Fusion, new Chrysler Pacifica and something else that would hold whatever speed you wanted at whatever grade you were on, up for down.

OP
OP
Bob2C

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're saying that your 2002 Yukon would not speed up going down hills? Every vehicle with cruise we've ever owned sped up going downhill. My truck does it too unless I put it into Tow/Haul mode and even then on steep hills will still speed up. I do remember a Ford Fusion, new Chrysler Pacifica and something else that would hold whatever speed you wanted at whatever grade you were on, up for down.

Correct. Yukon would hold true to set speed. Yeah any car I had held it fine too. I just found it odd. Maybe it’s normal now. Not sure though. Thanks for info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs