Cruise Control Only Working Intermittently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billy in Philly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2008 Tahoe LTZ cruise control used to occasionally not work, but now it works very little. The on/off button on the steering wheel lights up when I push it, but from there, the cruise control functionality doesn't work and obviously the green "Cruise" light on the dash panel doesn't light up.

Anyone have any insights or experience with this? Looking for a fix as long as it's not too expensive. Thanks!

MWagoner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2008 Tahoe LTZ cruise control used to occasionally not work, but now it works very little. The on/off button on the steering wheel lights up when I push it, but from there, the cruise control functionality doesn't work and obviously the green "Cruise" light on the dash panel doesn't light up.

Anyone have any insights or experience with this? Looking for a fix as long as it's not too expensive. Thanks!
I have been having the same issue on my 2011 Tahoe. I’ll be curious to see the responses as well.

Eugene Sapiro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Eugene Sapiro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I heard that its could be a problem with a switch under your brake pedal. Cheap to replace that.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It is probably the brake switch since the power light stays on when it works and doesn't work. That would be a clock spring or control module issue.

Don't attempt to repair the switch or clean the connectors, it never works for long. Steer clear of aftermarket parts.

Switch, Stop Lamp 25981009 or D1539J

Same switch and packaging with both GM and ACDelco part numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts