Creaking above passenger side second row bucket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought premier Tahoe on Monday. I’ve noticed a creaking sound coming from above the 2nd row passenger bucket seat. Tonight I had my 8 year old trying to find it while driving home and we found that if he pushed on the roof the sound stopped. This is with the sunroof closed and sunshade open. I haven’t tried with sunshade closed yet. I tried pushing on roof once we got home to see if I can make the sound and I do hear creak/squeak when I push and release. I will monitor and take in later this month but curious if others have this or if I am just lucky...

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
My headliner makes the same noise. It's intermittent and at random spots. I'm going to have them look at it when i get my oil changed.

OP
OP
J

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My headliner makes the same noise. It's intermittent and at random spots. I'm going to have them look at it when i get my oil changed.
If I have music on I don’t really hear it but do want it fixed. I will also have them look at it the next time it goes in. I have to bring in later in the month for a small dent repair.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a similar sound on mine, but I have not yet tried to trace it down. I simply turn up the volume on my audio system, and I can no longer hear the sound. :)

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been tapping around my headliner. it is almost like some clips are missing in some spots and there is metal on metal/ hard plastic. I actually notice it right above driver side. when I push up I can recreate. I cannot recreate on the passenger when I push up on it.

OP
OP
J

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is coming from passenger side back right behind the back of sunroof...or at least that is what my 8 year old thought last night...I haven’t ridden back there yet to listen. Will continue to monitor. Please share if anyone has solution and I will do the same.

BNK_ACCT

Reaction score
Passenger side rear, same spot as EVERYONE else. I usually have the radio on to immature levels, so not hearing. Just gonna make a small check list for my first oil change vist.

OP
OP
J

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passenger side rear, same spot as EVERYONE else. I usually have the radio on to immature levels, so not hearing. Just gonna make a small check list for my first oil change vist.
Ha ha. I will do the same.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same annoying sounds since day 1! I've found that adding foam (Pelican case foam) in between the headliner and the pano roof frame helps considerably. I shoved the foam pieces right where those plastic connectors are located. To me, it seems the plastic creak right where they touch the alluminum frame. (plastic to metal).
It truly pisses me off that I must find work around for annoying problems and now I have the water sloshing sound to troubleshoot. Dealer could not fix the creaking sounds, so foam it is!

I'd like to add that having driven my Yukon for 5k miles now, it is very cheaply made. I see having many issues down the rode. My goal is to keep it for 100k miles and get out of it. However, if I continue to have constant gremlins then its gone at end of factory warranty. It is a great family vehicle, but I am definitely worried about reliability.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same annoying sounds since day 1! I've found that adding foam (Pelican case foam) in between the headliner and the pano roof frame helps considerably. I shoved the foam pieces right where those plastic connectors are located. To me, it seems the plastic creak right where they touch the alluminum frame. (plastic to metal).
It truly pisses me off that I must find work around for annoying problems and now I have the water sloshing sound to troubleshoot. Dealer could not fix the creaking sounds, so foam it is!

I'd like to add that having driven my Yukon for 5k miles now, it is very cheaply made. I see having many issues down the rode. My goal is to keep it for 100k miles and get out of it. However, if I continue to have constant gremlins then its gone at end of factory warranty. It is a great family vehicle, but I am definitely worried about reliability.

if your dealer can't/wont fix the squeak, or the water sloshing open a case with gm, and at worst find a different dealer. They need to fix it, don't let up on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442