Couple Questions from a Newbie Escalade Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneLuv1979

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys.
New to the site but have browsed it for months leading up to my purchase.
I just scored a 04 Escalade w/43k original miles for $9k from a customer of mine..... Deal of a lifetime!!!

1st question is about dependability? The Lade is a 6.0L AWD and everything has been maintained top notch. My customer spent $1880 on 4 new tires and all services a week before I bought it. My question is should I buy a extended warranty? I can buy 4 years or til the odometer reaches 100k for $3052 bumper to bumper... I only drive about 8k miles a year and im not scared to tackle a repair. What do you guys think? $3k will surely go a long way otherwise.

Second question is , I have the gps navi bose radio w/onstar and all steering wheel controls. I would like to add a small system is it possible to do it thru this radio? Remote and RcA wires? It also has a 6disc cd changer that I would really like to keep if possible... What is the procedure to get a system hooked up... Do I have to buy a new radio and If I do can I still use all my controls? Its a complicated radio as it has seat memory that also remembers radiostations from different driver settings....

I could not be more happy with my purchase .. I have already been offered $15k from a friend but its not going anywhere...

escalade1.jpg

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly if it has been taken care of I wouldn't worry about the extended warranty...do you have any gear noise from the front differential. I know on my 2004 and my buddies 2004 (both being AWD) the front bearings went out in the front diff...that alone is about 1200 thru the dealership (way cheaper if there is a 4wd shop that will do it)

OP
OP
O

OneLuv1979

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nope no sounds or funny noises....

Only thing I have noticed is a small brake sound out of the back driver side brake like its rubbing.. I only hear it when next to a building and the guy I bought the car from just had the dealership put all new rear brakes and rotors.

2nd sound I hear is in the steering wheel, its a small feeling when I hit a bump or turn... It is in the column for sure.. Almost sounds like its been stressed from a big guy using his weight to climb into the car...
Does not sound like something bad just a very small rattle ....Really cant explain it,

coolchuck

maybe Escalade bound?
Reaction score
Now thats a deal! Congrats.
I wouldnt go for the extended warranty on that. You can keep the stock radio, not familiar with what you need though. Check the threads in the audio section.

anton28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow 9k!?!? That IS a deal of a lifetime. Congrats!

OP
OP
O

OneLuv1979

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks I really could not afford a Escalade so I was not even looking at them.
One of my customers we do monthly had it in front of his house and I noticed it was never moving...I talked to him about it and he said 43k miles and he wanted $10k... I explained the most I could afford was $9k cash and he accepted... Knowing I have 2 small kids that it would be perfect for.
He even took it to Cadillac Dealer and had all services done, new back brakes and 4 new tires a couple weeks before at the cost of almost $2k.

I just could not be happier....I could not find a clean title Tahoe Under 90k miles for $9k
It was starting to get frustrating, I spent 4 months driving all over looking at junk.
Glad with my buy to say the least!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must have logged some good karma points in your life Chuck ... I'm very happy for you, congrats!

Now we need a LOT more pics. :)

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a sweet deal! You can really appreciate people who are willing to help someone out by cutting a sweet deal, it was amazing of him to take it to the dealership for maintenance and even putting new oem parts on it that were probably hardly needed. Very cool! To answer your questions about the system, it is possible to add/change the factory Bose setup and the steering wheel controls and the nav/head unit will continue to work as they should, along with your CD player in there. I don't have brands or details, I've just seen it done before and know that the factory controls will work. Hope that helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts