Could wheel washers cause wobbles???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben Solo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there, I got a 05 Tahoe and recently the front wheels have been wobbling. I can't seem to find the issue except there's what appears to b a slot where washers supposed to be on the bacc of the wheels. I don't think the wheels are factory . They where on it when I bought it. The tires don't seem to be pregnant but I do need new tires. They seem to wobbles at about 30mph on up. Any ideas?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure they’re balanced correctly? I’m unaware of any washers used on the wheels. Maybe some weights came off.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it both wheels? If so, it sounds more a like front suspension issue. Maybe bad bad bushings, etc. Does the steering wheel shake or does the vehicle wander?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got a pic of the back side of the wheel? Where these washers might be needed?

OP
OP
Ben Solo

Ben Solo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it both wheels? If so, it sounds more a like front suspension issue. Maybe bad bad bushings, etc. Does the steering wheel shake or does the vehicle wander?
Yeah it shakes a bit. Bushings don't look the greatest but I've seen worse. But I'm not sure if its both fronts or only one, but it pulls to the right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17