Could this be indicative of a BCM failure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has happened a few times now...

Heated seats stop working intermittently (I'm assuming other things are problematic as well but it's the failure of the heated seats we notice).
While the heated seats are not working I also have communication problems with my Tech 2 accessing and performing only certain functions.

Example 1: When I first got my Tech 2 I could turn heated seats on and roll windows up/down with it. A few weeks ago my wife mentioned the heated seat wouldn't work. I had the Tech2 with me so I said "no problem, I got it for you". Except I couldn't command it on. I could view the state in the module but it wouldn't command on.
Example 2: I'm having EVAP system problems. I played around with triggering the vent solenoid, bumping up the purge solenoid percentage etc; heated seats were working fine at this point. Later that day, when doing more troubleshooting my Tech 2 was able to partially enter the menus to get to the EVAP tests but it wouldn't go all the way to that menu. I forget the error but it said something about unable to communicate. I thought it was weird but possibly tied to the heated-seat problem so I tried the heated seats and they were not working...

Does the BCM control/communicate with all the different modules to the point that it would permit SOME level of Tech2 use but not all of it? What about the heated seat thing, do heated-seat commands from their respective door modules pass through the BCM to the seat heaters? If so, I'm beginning to suspect a loose solder joint in the BCM.

Can I grab one from a scrap-yard, program it with the Tech2 for my vehicle then use it or do I have to carefully match part #'s, options, etc before choosing a BCM?

OP
OP
C

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets try the question a different way.

Can anybody explain how the various modules communicate with each-other or the BCM?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11