Corsa Sport Installed today! Major let down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@brbohica, Here's my touring on my 5.3:
[yt]RioqG0LBgKs[/yt]

I've never heard a Corsa on a 6.2 but the "raspiness" I hear, tends to make me think you have the Sport. The touring has more of a "smoothness" to the exhaust note. But then again it's really hard for a camera mic to pick up the subtleties of what you'd hear in person.

I will say I was actually bummed out the first time I fired it up as it didn't sound dramatically different. I did break in a little bit and its perfect now. Have one of your buddies drive by at WOT and you'll see that the exhaust is LOUD outside. Revving it in the driveway doesn't do it. It's when it's under load that you really hear the beauty of it. If your looking for it to be loud in the cabin then do a cheap exhaust like a flowmaster that drones. Hope this helps in some way...

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

brbohica

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
MPG decreased with Corsa?

@brbohica, Here's my touring on my 5.3:
[yt]RioqG0LBgKs[/yt]

I've never heard a Corsa on a 6.2 but the "raspiness" I hear, tends to make me think you have the Sport. The touring has more of a "smoothness" to the exhaust note. But then again it's really hard for a camera mic to pick up the subtleties of what you'd hear in person.

I will say I was actually bummed out the first time I fired it up as it didn't sound dramatically different. I did break in a little bit and its perfect now. Have one of your buddies drive by at WOT and you'll see that the exhaust is LOUD outside. Revving it in the driveway doesn't do it. It's when it's under load that you really hear the beauty of it. If your looking for it to be loud in the cabin then do a cheap exhaust like a flowmaster that drones. Hope this helps in some way...

Macho,

thanks for the video, for years i have always heard the drone inside, guess Corsa did a good job of getting rid of the drone. But now reading the whatever else has said about the pipe size, starting to realize the magnaflow muffler replacement would have been the easiest and most cost effective.

Has anyone noticed a mpg decrease with the corsa. Took a road trip north yesterday and was playing around with the superchips. Swapped tunes and went with the Mileage Saver tune and drove 65mph there and back and was seeing 17-18mpg's. Prior to the corsa I went south into North Carolina and used the 93 performance tune and went about 100miles running at 65 the whole way, saw about 21-22mpg's. Thoughts?

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't really tell you on the pipe diameter affecting anything.

I didn't see any difference when I put on my Corsa. What I can tell you from my experience with my Blackbear tune was I lost 2-3 MPG with the shorter trips/ intown driving, because of the improved shift points. The truck drives 100x better, but bc the shift points were higher thus holding the gears longer, their was a fuel economy loss. This was all from the transmission (TCM) tune. There are many members that have see great mpg gains but your driving style is the largest contributing factor. Initialing bc I was TOO light in the throttle I had considerable losses but then gained that back as I was a little heavier with the initial throttle input and a second modified TCM tune.

Does your tuner, mod the TCM? I'm sure other members will chime in who have experience with multiple tuners, but the general consensus is: the hand held tuners do not hold a candle to a true custom tune like a Black Bear.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Also, fuel quality can be another culprit. I was using Costco 92 until they (Blackbear) ran my fuel tables and informed me that it was crap fuel. The winter blend fuel also drops you down a couple MPG's too.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW...in some states where a winterblend fuel is used you will see a loss of 2-4 MPG's.....right now I'm seeing about 12.5 -13 in the city...I'm normally 16ish for all city driving. I also have a BB tune and have seen MPG gains vs a decrease ;) Summer highway mileage is 22ish...

OP
OP
B

brbohica

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I can't really tell you on the pipe diameter affecting anything.

I didn't see any difference when I put on my Corsa. What I can tell you from my experience with my Blackbear tune was I lost 2-3 MPG with the shorter trips/ intown driving, because of the improved shift points. The truck drives 100x better, but bc the shift points were higher thus holding the gears longer, their was a fuel economy loss. This was all from the transmission (TCM) tune. There are many members that have see great mpg gains but your driving style is the largest contributing factor. Initialing bc I was TOO light in the throttle I had considerable losses but then gained that back as I was a little heavier with the initial throttle input and a second modified TCM tune.

Does your tuner, mod the TCM? I'm sure other members will chime in who have experience with multiple tuners, but the general consensus is: the hand held tuners do not hold a candle to a true custom tune like a Black Bear.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Also, fuel quality can be another culprit. I was using Costco 92 until they (Blackbear) ran my fuel tables and informed me that it was crap fuel. The winter blend fuel also drops you down a couple MPG's too.

Yeah it works some with the tranny, I went with the superchip values on the tq management, didnt like that so bumped it to 50% and it drives much better. Also changed the 1-2 2-3 gear shift points too. I have HP tuners and used it on my TBSS and some buddies gto's. Going on a 650 mile road trip this weekend. Going to play some more and see what's the better tune. Regardless of what tune I use I still use 93 octane for either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Five3brian

Latest posts