Corsa Sport Installed today! Major let down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Happy with my Corsa, no performance loss.

Sent from an ice cream sammich.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait wait wait ... I dunno a thing about exhaust, but when I spoke to SLP about which tip to get for my 6.2L res delete, they were very insistent that I should only use the proper diameter 3.5" one as opposed to the smaller 5.3L one. Not only for fitment issue but I remember them telling me about choke points and other bad stuff that could happen by running a smaller diameter pipe. And that was just for a bit of pipe and tips ... are you now telling me that one can slap any diameter pipe (within an inch or so) to any exhaust system and everything is hunky-dory? :think:

Last edited:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serge, check the piping on your escalade? Aren't the smaller pipes from the resonator to the exhaust sleeve smaller than the one from the cat to the muffler? Curious..

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can check tomorrow ... but I assume the volume of air combined through the two smaller pipes is equal or greater than the volume of air going into the res no?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i WOULD NEVER go from oem piping to a smaller pipe thats for sure

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Possibly.

I mean just eyeballing it it looks like a 3.5 going in and at least 2.5s coming out ... the pipes certainly don't choke the airflow like running a 5.3 catback on a 6.2 engine.

-heres-2012-escalade-dual-exhaust-pic-exhaust-001a.jpg

Again, lacking knowledge and going on the little info SLP passed on to me, doing so isn't advisable, hence why I ask.

But trying to logic it out ... I'm sure GM would have loved to save a few pennies and run the same smaller pipes across both engine displacements ... the fact that they didn't indicates to me that the 3.5" are required for proper airflow. :shrug:

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we are going to make the op stab himself. First off he is not happy with the sound level now this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jj87