Coolant leak - Line from AC compressor to radiator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rfried

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2004 Yukon - 185,000 miles. Original hoses.

Need help figuring out what hose I have that's leaking. I've scoured this forum, my Haynes manual, and the internet for over an hour so I'll just ask.

Look like I have a coolant leak (its red, doesn't smell like trans) that's weeping from a metal end of a black hose that goes from the radiator (to the right of the main large radiator hoses) into what I think is the AC compressor (I say this because the large hose from the condenser enters the engine next to this hose). Does anyone have an idea what this hose is called so I can pick one up and the best way to change it out?

I appreciate any and all help.

OP
OP
R

rfried

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update

The line that is leaking is the AC discharge hose, going from the compressor to what I believe is the heat exchanger. Look like just a few bolts and replace. Does anyone have a link to do this to make sure I'm not missing anything?

01SLE

Reaction score
I might be reading this wrong and way off base here but it almost sounds like you're describing the power steering line (and power steering fluid is typically red). Can you post a picture?

OP
OP
R

rfried

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After researching it is the AC discharge hose as shown. It is leaking a red fluid from the metal coupling in the middle. The fluid def isn't coolant, it's slightly oily but has no smell like trains or PS fluid. The line does go to the condenser in front of the radiator.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 13

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz