Considering purchasing a PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

koachdaddy

Reaction score
I currently have a 2020 RST 6.2 10spd and considering purchasing a PPV and would like some input.
From what I've read the PPV 5.3 does not have AFM- right? Does not have OnStar? Any other major differences I should know about?
Thanks in advance!

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
PPV to replace your current ride, or as a fun weekend rig? They're rough, loud, noisy, and great fun to drive! Both of mine 2011/2013 had AFM. No bluetooth or onstar.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given a choice between a PPV & an SSV, I'd select an SSV every time,
UNLESS the point was specifically to pick an OE lowered Tahoe.

Older SSVs usually have superior axle gearing, although this may no longer be the case with 8L90 & 10L80.
Rubber floor should be a civilian option - nice to be able to clean interior with a hose or damp towel.

Doubt they come with rear HVAC, would be tickled pink to be wrong about this.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Given a choice between a PPV & an SSV, I'd select an SSV every time,
UNLESS the point was specifically to pick an OE lowered Tahoe.

Older SSVs usually have superior axle gearing, although this may no longer be the case with 8L90 & 10L80.
Rubber floor should be a civilian option - nice to be able to clean interior with a hose or damp towel.

Doubt they come with rear HVAC, would be tickled pink to be wrong about this.
My PPVs have rear ac. Dunno about the SSV. Agreed on the rubber floor. So much nicer if you’re actually using the truck for something beyond grocery runs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahenein

Latest posts