Confused or stupid? Tb springs vs tahoe springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweet_N_Low

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not so clear on the difference, if any, between the "tb springs" and the BT 5303, now 34324? I want a 3-4 rear spring, with all the "tb" posts I've read I still see no explanation why use them over what's listed for hoe's,cons, etc......

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was wondering the same thing i had the bell tech 5303 and when i got the tb springs they were the same hight but they ride different the tb springs are to my opinion softer and ride way better than the bell tech but it only gave me an inch drop so i will be cutting 1.5 loops off to try and get that extra inch, hope this helps

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's my understanding that the TB springs let you go lower than the Belltech springs. That being said, I have the Belltech springs, I can go pretty low with them, and the ride with them is awesome. Mine are the 3"-4" springs. I thought the TB springs gave you up to 5" drop in the rear.

I'm sure Tony will chime in, but that was my understanding.

OP
OP
Sweet_N_Low

Sweet_N_Low

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was wondering the same thing i had the bell tech 5303 and when i got the tb springs they were the same hight but they ride different the tb springs are to my opinion softer and ride way better than the bell tech but it only gave me an inch drop so i will be cutting 1.5 loops off to try and get that extra inch, hope this helps

I think cutting the springs is going to take away that "way better" ride you have

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am not so clear on the difference, if any, between the "tb springs" and the BT 5303, now 34324? I want a 3-4 rear spring, with all the "tb" posts I've read I still see no explanation why use them over what's listed for hoe's,cons, etc......

34324 uses the 5305 springs but adds in 1 inch spacers and shock extenders and autoride links.

If your looking for a 3-4 just do the 34324 kit and your set.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

start off with 1 loop. The djms still ride good cut. I have mine cut 2 loops on my tbss no issues but due to the weight i would start off with 1 loop cut on both sides for your truck.

only other option is the belltech tb springs (new ones) will sit abotu 1/2-3/4 lower than the tb djm springs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts