Concerns with RST Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpartanTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone else with an RST or the RST style running boards concerned about they will hold up over time? They are essentially molded plastic with a plastic/rubbery step surface. I have owned mine for less than a month and have already noticed that the surface will scratch easily just due to whatever might be on the bottom of your shoe (sand, gravel, etc.) while stepping into and out of the vehicle. Seems like a poor design for long term hold-up. I could see myself removing them down the road. Just wondering if anyone else has the same concerns with the design/style of these running boards.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else with an RST or the RST style running boards concerned about they will hold up over time? They are essentially molded plastic with a plastic/rubbery step surface. I have owned mine for less than a month and have already noticed that the surface will scratch easily just due to whatever might be on the bottom of your shoe (sand, gravel, etc.) while stepping into and out of the vehicle. Seems like a poor design for long term hold-up. I could see myself removing them down the road. Just wondering if anyone else has the same concerns with the design/style of these running boards.
Are you talking about the fixed running board? I have the fixed and I like them, they feel solid when you step on them. The bad thing is it seems like they are always dirty (the step surface I mean).

OP
OP
S

SpartanTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you talking about the fixed running board? I have the fixed and I like them, they feel solid when you step on them. The bad thing is it seems like they are always dirty (the step surface I mean).
Yes I am talking about the fixed ones. It's not that I don't like them. They go very well with the RST styling. I just feel like the stepping surface material is going to scratch easy and show age quickly. I agree they do seem always dirty as well.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are both constantly dirty and scratched from stepping on them. I live on a farm with mostly gravel driveways and the rig is always on family duty so dirty and scratched is the story of my life

B1CE35B3-BBF5-414C-A499-BB510FE09518.jpeg

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are doing their job thus far. No scratches on mine in the 10 months of ownership. If they do go Kaput well I’ll just get me something similar to the ZL1.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a rental now that has the fixed steps on it. They are nowhere near as good as the power boards. Power boards come out further, are more solid and less slippery to step on. One wrong foot or move on these fixed boards and you are slipping off and down on the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons