Compressor not turning on..Fuse for Autoride.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StagM3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So having trouble with compressor not turning on. first thing I check is the fuse #58 J block. Went to pick up a spare and there is 2 types , FLS and FMX and are not interchangeable. Also, there is a low profile version. I'm sure this isn't the problem but I wanted to remove the fuse anyway just for the hell of it. Fuse is stuck bad and the plastic is breaking all over the place. I know I can get it out but want to have a new one on hand. Would anyone know which of the three types mentioned will fit this so I can have it on hand. Thanks in advance, Jim.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So having trouble with compressor not turning on. first thing I check is the fuse #58 J block. Went to pick up a spare and there is 2 types , FLS and FMX and are not interchangeable. Also, there is a low profile version. I'm sure this isn't the problem but I wanted to remove the fuse anyway just for the hell of it. Fuse is stuck bad and the plastic is breaking all over the place. I know I can get it out but want to have a new one on hand. Would anyone know which of the three types mentioned will fit this so I can have it on hand. Thanks in advance, Jim.

I believe you need a FMX (Female ****) low-profile.

Here is the 40A out of my 2013.
4377E6C7-6DB7-4033-88D7-B39B26770A37.jpeg
60221961-56E0-43E1-B453-6B9BC4004504.jpeg

OP
OP
StagM3

StagM3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you all very much. What a pain in the neck to get out!! Multiple pieces... After this I'm going to do the compressor.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you all very much. What a pain in the neck to get out!! Multiple pieces... After this I'm going to do the compressor.
I have found this little tool to be very helpful for pulling fuses instead of using a needle nose pliers.
C03D3D1A-A6A6-473D-BF6F-2FB69A1D7736.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you reached under the truck and felt the shock bellows to see if they are already full of air? if the pump release valve isn't working the pump might not come on because it thinks the bellows are full of air already. If they are full you can pull one of the air lines off to release the air then put it back on and then cycle the ignition key from off to run and see if the pump runs.

** also if the shocks are blown out it could have fried the air pump already.

OP
OP
StagM3

StagM3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have found this little tool to be very helpful for pulling fuses instead of using a needle nose pliers.
View attachment 234764

have you reached under the truck and felt the shock bellows to see if they are already full of air? if the pump release valve isn't working the pump might not come on because it thinks the bellows are full of air already. If they are full you can pull one of the air lines off to release the air then put it back on and then cycle the ignition key from off to run and see if the pump runs.

** also if the shocks are blown out it could have fried the air pump already.

Checked that. They are totally deflated and fuses ok. Turned ignition on without starting and can hear a click coming from compressor but no other action so I can also assume the relay is ok.
bought a new one on Amazon. They now have an updated one from Dorman with better weatherproofing and a thermal protection if it runs too long. Dorman 949-099 Air Suspension Compressor

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Checked that. They are totally deflated and fuses ok. Turned ignition on without starting and can hear a click coming from compressor but no other action so I can also assume the relay is ok.
bought a new one on Amazon. They now have an updated one from Dorman with better weatherproofing and a thermal protection if it runs too long. Dorman 949-099 Air Suspension Compressor
Let us know if that fixes it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd